problem with baby

carrieanne

Reaction score
we had a scan yesterday and baby may have abdominal defect which can indicate chromasonal problems like ds and edwards syndrome :cry:,the good news is the nuchal measurement were in normal range also it could be that the stomach wall has not quite closed properly due to the age i have to go back next week and be rescanned to see if it gone back in, and also talk about a cvs cus of my age they have refered me to the fetal medicine unit so it could be nothing or it could be fatal for baby we are in limbo but im trying to be positive cus the nuchal measurement is good and if it is only the abdominal wall defect the outcome is really good with surgery im praying to god its ok cus this is my last chance really im 42 in feb this is why they are concerned cus im high risk so we have a rough road ahead i was so happy to see baby wiggleing all over then they hit me with that like a ton of bricks but there is nothing we can do but wait UPDATE i spoke to the midwife tday and she said with the good nuchal result and been early on still theres a chance they will still go back in and you can clearly see the nasal bone which is usually missing with downs etc so im not going to worry to much till ive been to the fetal meds team on the 30th if there is an abdominal defect but even if there is the outcome is good with surgery and bristol childrens have the best unit for this sort of thing they come from all over the south west so things may just be ok fx UPDATE scan went well baby has grown loads they have put me at 12 +3 now they are still not sure if it is a hernia or not but its small they cant see anyother problems and nuchal measurement is 1.2 so good but i have to go next week again so they can get a better look and if there is they are doing a cvs cus this sort of abdominal wall defect is strongly associated with chromasome problems at least we will have an answer soon and im sure i saw girlie bits !!! but we will see but keeping positive till we know any different but ill keep you posted xxxx

Awe I'm do sorry to hear that! Will say a prayer for you guys and your little one!! Thinking About you xo

Hun I am sorry to hear this...but there seems to be some hope so you have to cling on to that. Sending positive thoughts to you and your baby. x

sorry to hear what youre going through :( hope it has a happy outcome x

I will be praying for you!! I am scared stiff about my NT Scan next week. I am 34 with multiple losses behind me and only 1 daughter...I am so scared they will tell me something bad.

Is it that the intestines have not gone back in fully?? I have read about that and seen that it takes a little longer with some babies...I hope things go well at your next scan and that your bubs is perfect!!! (((HUGS)))

Ahh, I am so sorry to hear that but will keep my fingers crossed for you and your little bean. xx

you are in my thoughts..Sorry to hear that.
Take heart and be strong, hope everything turns out ok soon.
When i loose hope, i always pray or i come here and talk to all of you, it makes me feel better!

Really hope things will turn out ok!

I'm so sorry to hear you are going through this and I really hope your little one turns out to be just fine.

Take care xxx

Oh hunni, sorry you are stressing.

This is meant to be reassuring, so i hope it comes out right.

As you know, i just lost my sweet baby Charlie at 13 weeks due to Edwards Syndrome. He had a septated cystic hygroma measuring 8.5 mm and hydrops fetalis basically everywhere. These are strong indicators for Edwards... you don't have these, your NT was fine.

Charlie did have an abdominal problem, which is probably why your doc is concerned. I was born with an umbilical hernia myself and had it repaired and never had any problems.

You are only 10 weeks so the is still a fab chance it will sort itself out. Feel free to PM me if you have any more questions... if i can help i will.

Much love, and i hope this managed to reassure you and not upset you (sorry i am shit at explaining myself sometimes!!)

Oh hunni, sorry you are stressing.

This is meant to be reassuring, so i hope it comes out right.

As you know, i just lost my sweet baby Charlie at 13 weeks due to Edwards Syndrome. He had a septated cystic hygroma measuring 8.5 mm and hydrops fetalis basically everywhere. These are strong indicators for Edwards... you don't have these, your NT was fine.

Charlie did have an abdominal problem, which is probably why your doc is concerned. I was born with an umbilical hernia myself and had it repaired and never had any problems.

You are only 10 weeks so the is still a fab chance it will sort itself out. Feel free to PM me if you have any more questions... if i can help i will.

Much love, and i hope this managed to reassure you and not upset you (sorry i am shit at explaining myself sometimes!!)

thanks so much hun i was following your story and felt for you so much and was so sorry to hear about charlie anything positve helps xxx

Have been worrying that i might have made you worry more!

Just make sure you ask your doctor to explain things fully and ask them what their concerns are.

xxx

Sending you and LO lots of positive vibes- I'm sure everything is fine and they are just being cautious.

Cat
xxx

Hope all goes well with you, and your baby grows to be healthy!! :]

sorry to hear that... hope everything will be fine...

Sweetie, sorry you're going through this. Edwards Syndrome is more common than I thought, but that doesn't mean your little one won't be okay. I hope everything turns out well for you and that you get to hold your beautiful healthy baby in your arms at the end of this.

any update???

been thinking of you x

i go tmorrow to see if babys tummy has closed over or we do more tests my stomach is in knots but i will let you know thanks for thinking of me hun xxx

Will be thinking of you and sending lots of positive thoughts :hugs:

I'm sure all will be just fine xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"