Problems TTC after c-sec. Could c-sec be cause?

lauralynn3boy

Reaction score
I have gotten pregnant before with no trouble. My last pregnancy ended in csection for transverse lie...he turned at 40 weeks after being head down :( We haven't gotten pregnant after 14 months of using no birth control. Almost a year of actively trying. I am nervous my c section messed something up. I temp so I know I am ovulating. I am not having chemicals because I never get a BFP. I am not sure what to think. I am in my 30's now vs. my 20's with my last 3 pregnancies. I know I am so blessed to have my 3 and I don't take that for granted! I just would love another one and if it isn't going to happen. Would love to have peace.
Any suggestions? I made a Dr. Appt for next week and I am 6dpo but am not very hopeful after continued BFN's.

Hi.
I havent heard of a section being an issue. I had a section with my first pregnancy and went on the injectable at 4 weeks pp and stopped taking it in July because I knew we would like to start ttc some time in April this year and wanted to have regular cycles by then. Anyway we were not yet trying and I got bfp last Thursday. I also have a friend who is 7 months pregnant with her 3rd and they are all cesarean and only 2 year gaps. Another friend had 2 cesarean babies and second pregnancy was unplanned becase she was on the pill, had antibiotics and boom!

In conclusion I seriously doubt it could be the cause. There are a lot of knowledgeable ladies on here maybe someone has the answers you are looking for.

GL:dust:

I thought so but I am seriously at a loss on what the deal is :/ Thank you for replying. Congrats on your BFP! :)
My periods also used to be an exact 28 days and now they are anywhere from 24-36. All I know is if I do get pregnant I prob will keep having babies! :O This experience has made me realize getting pregnant is such a blessing. I was young and naive with my last pregnancies and just figured it would happen and it did.

My Ob had told me that c sections can affect fertility if there is an overgrowth of adhesions and scar tissue, but that usually doesn't happen until a woman has had multiple sections.

I thought so but I am seriously at a loss on what the deal is :/ Thank you for replying. Congrats on your BFP! :)
My periods also used to be an exact 28 days and now they are anywhere from 24-36. All I know is if I do get pregnant I prob will keep having babies! :O This experience has made me realize getting pregnant is such a blessing. I was young and naive with my last pregnancies and just figured it would happen and it did.
I also had 28 day cycles before my first pregnancy and only had 3 cycles before bfp which were 30/31 days.

Getting pregnant is truly a blessing, I know people who have been trying for 10 years or more. That's what comforted me during the horrendous sickness from 6 weeks until the end.

I've wondered the same. I've had two miscarriages (6 & 12 weeks) and been TTC #2 for a year. I can't help but wonder if my babies are implanting on my scar or something...

I worried about the same thing when we started having issues trying to conceive our 2nd. I had read that sometimes you can get excess scar tissue etc which can complicate things but after having every test done including a Laparoscopy I was fine so no issues after having a c-section. In the end it turned out to be MFI for us... Is your partner you are trying to conceive with the father of your other children?

I hope you get your BFP soon. After 3 years of trying to conceive #2 and realising how hard it is to get pregnant it really is a wonder anyone does!! If I ever do get pregnant again I have vowed not to complain about all the down sides of pregnancy!!! ;)

My understanding is that a section wont stop you actually getting pg but could affect the pg an lead to a loss if it implants on the scar.

Just like orchid I worried my EMCS was harming my chances of conceiving but it turned out to be MFI

I have gotten pregnant before with no trouble. My last pregnancy ended in csection for transverse lie...he turned at 40 weeks after being head down :( We haven't gotten pregnant after 14 months of using no birth control. Almost a year of actively trying. I am nervous my c section messed something up. I temp so I know I am ovulating. I am not having chemicals because I never get a BFP. I am not sure what to think. I am in my 30's now vs. my 20's with my last 3 pregnancies. I know I am so blessed to have my 3 and I don't take that for granted! I just would love another one and if it isn't going to happen. Would love to have peace.
Any suggestions? I made a Dr. Appt for next week and I am 6dpo but am not very hopeful after continued BFN's.

Hello, I my DH and I have been TTC #2 (his #1) for about 6 months now, I have 27 CD, NTNP for over 2 years now, c-section with my DD(age 5), just finished my 3rd cycle of clomid, and I am still not prego. I have been reading so much about how c-section and ruin your chance of conceiving again. I am also worried about this :cry:

I have recently switched doctors, and I see my new doctor the 18th of this month, so I am hoping for new and better answers!!! My last Ob has horrible bed side manors :growlmad:

Good discussion ladies! Same father of the last three so I doubt it is MFI. But, I guess things could have changed. It has been 3 years since my c section so I wonder if the adhesions have kept growing over 3 years. I am upset I didn't try after a year because maybe it would have been easier. But, we just weren't ready yet with 3 little ones at home. My Dr. Wants to do a test to look in my uterus this month to check for adenomyosis. Which is the endometrial tissue grows into the uterus muscle where the c section scar is. But, it could be fibroids or something else also. I am just hoping I get pregnant before. I have tried some herbs and oils to strengthen my uterus this month. So, hoping and praying for a BFP in 5 days or so!

Hi Lauralynn,

My friend and I have both had sections a little under 2 years ago and have been wondering the same thing. She has been trying a couple months longer than me and a little older, so she saw the doctor about it and he told her that a C-section could possibly create scar tissue that could block the tubes. She's having a test done to check for it if she's not pregnant this cycle. The test has to be done on CD3 apparently. Just wanted to let you know what I had found out about it!

Yes, shellgirl! If I don't get a BFP this weekend I am having a procedure to look in my uterus next week. I am praying for a BFP though. I had a horrible time after my c section. I wore my binder for over 6 months! I don't know if I am just a wimp or what but my abdomen hurt when I didn't wear it. And finally after a year and a half to two years I stopped having pain. So, I am thinking scar tissue just kept growing.
Thanks for the reply and I hope and pray we all get BFP soon!!

So I must say my new OB told me my c-sec from 5 years ago could be causing me not to get a :bfp: , ughh I could :gun: my last OB. So in 10 days (AF is due on Thursday) I will be having a Hysterosalpingogram done :cry: , DH is having a semen analysis tomorrow morning to rule him out. Plus I will start my 4th round of clomid as soon as AF arrives. I am 11 or 12 DPO with :bfn: after :bfn: :growlmad:

:hi:

I am Shell's friend she speaks of! Shell, so glad you found this thread.

Yes! I easily (first time) got pregnant with both my girls. The last just a couple of years ago.

My DH got tested and his test came back normal.

I had an HSG and that also came back normal.

My Day 3 blood work showed elevated FSH (scale is under 12) mine was borderline at 13. I am also 40 but everything I'm reading says it'll just take a little longer.

My Dr also has terrible bed side manner :growlmad: and I am switching practices now. He is the same Dr that missed my last being breech at 39 weeks and I had a c section and a blood transfusion.

It's a frustrating process. Hang in there girls! FX! :hugs:

:hi: Tag! Yup, was talking about you :kiss: I really hope the c-sections aren't messing us up. We don't need anymore obstacles for crying out loud.

Well i had an internal scan last week and the doc found adhesions that he said will not be helping me to concieve. We are battling against mfi as it stands but the scan showed these adhesions and that my left ovary is pushed high into my pelvis. So turns out the EMCS had made a difference!

I also had my test done and there was a definite area where my scar is but DR said everything looks normal. I do have a tipped back uterus which I think makes my cervix posterior therefore making it harder for sperm to find the way. Just one factor maybe. I am now wondering if another cause is not enough fertile mucus. I have only one or two days of extremely light Slippery CM. I might try preseed this cycle. I guess it might just take more time. Hoping and praying we all can get this figured out.

Same here! My only son was born by C-section 10 years ago tomorrow. He was transverse, but it wasn't known until many hours of intense forced labor.
I was able to get pregnant after, but both were ectopic, and I no longer have fallopian tubes. I feel that the C-section had something to do with it. I don't know how, but it's in my gut.

Quick update for you. I've since had a laparoscopy which has shown that as a result of my section i now have a retroflexed uterus (bent over backwards) and it has adhered to my bladder...so is definitely contributing to my SI.

Consultant is going to a hycosy scan to work out more plus a mock embryo transfer to see if it is possible to negotiate ivf without the need for further surgery

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->