problems with last feed before bed

Discussion in 'Baby Club' started by dizzymeg, Feb 1, 2011.

1. dizzymeg

dizzymeg Well-Known Member

olly has 4 feeds of 9oz in a day, and his final feed is usually around 9pm but we always need to wake him for it, and he has been so sleepy at that time that the feed is a nightmare.
    i think maybe we should be feeding him earlier as maybe by 9 he is in a pretty deep sleep but we if left him he would defo wake by midnight i would think for food.
    he is 23 weeks, FF.
    should I cluster feed at night instead? should i give him his usual 5pm bottle, but then split the 9pm feed into 2? ie 5 oz at 7pm, and then the final 4oz at 9pm?
    anyone else had similar issues?
    thanks
    mx

2. FLUMPY1984

FLUMPY1984 Well-Known Member

ive always had this problem with my lo. hes nearly 5 months and we give him his last bottle between 10-11. By that time hes zonked but i give it him anyway as he should be on approx 5 bottles a day at his age. hes on 7oz and does take approx 5-6 which is better than nothing. I am aiming to drop that bottle when hes around 6 months as i feel he will probably not miss that one that much. If your happy for him to go without it i wouldnt bother or you could try giving it him that bit earlier when hes awake? x