Problems with scalp?

Becyboo__x

Reaction score
Iv never had a problem with my scalp before but since iv been pregnant like end of 2nd tri and still now iv had really bad itching on my scalp and it leads to parts of my scalp getting scabs and just basically being really itchy.. as horrible as it all sounds i just want to know if anyone else has this problem and what there doing about it .. Iv seen a dermatologist about my eczema like a month ago im due to go again thursday.. but thats all gone down loads since i got alot of stuff but nothing seems to be working for my head i cant even brush my hair pwithout ripping scabs out or it being painful :wacko: :(

iv tried using t-gel but that just stings so i stopped with that .. then i got some stuff to put on from the hospital but it was a tiny bottle to be used ever now and again and its all gone now as its been a month and that didnt help :( its just really irrating now and im sick of it being proper itchy!

x

yeah I had really itchy scalp around week 30, found it really odd because it was itchy even right after I got out of the shower and was combing it - so I switched my shampoo and conditioner to all natural ones, and it seems to really be helping.

Yeah mine does it while im in shower or bath ater iv even washed it and everything :( i think they might give me some special shampoo thursday when i go hospital i hope anyway cause i dont even know what stuff to switch onto to try and if it dont help im go=una be wasting money :( it might just be cause im pregnant but its just really horrible! x

Hi hun, I have been seeing a Prof Hawk (dermatologist) to have cryotherapy and took the opportunity of asking him about my excessive dry skin. He gave me a suggested regime and and also checked my scalp and asked me about my hair. He recommended using Nizoral shampoo (which I have checked is safe in pregnancy and bf as it is not absorbed into the blood at all) to help the overall problem. To be honest I haven't used it as I don't have a problem with itchy scalp but saw your post and thought it may help you. I did google it to see how safe it was and it looks fine, but you may want to run it by your dermatologist at your appointment.

Hope that helps and you get some relief soon. x

Well im going to tell her my scalps really bad and painful and everything and tell her the stuff she gave me before didnt work or do anything.. so im hoping shell give me some shampoo that does make my hair go greasy aswell cause all other stuff does that they give me! but if she can somehow find me something that will make it better ill be happy its just one thing i dont need in pregnancy i just rather shuv my hair up or something but its painful to have it in a bobble! lol x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->