prodromal labor

sg0720

Mom of 3
Reaction score
Anyone else ever hear of this

I truly believe this is what I been going no theu for the past 8 days it's terrible!

Me!!! I was 3cm last Wednesday with contractions (monitored) every 2-3 minutes. I now have then very sporadically, but can't sleep because of it. Oh, and i lost my plug last Thursday. I have an appointment tomorrow to see what's going on. I'm so very tired. Every time i lay down,i get more contractions. *end of rant*

I am curious to know what ur doctor will say. I don't have an appt again til Thursday where I have a scheduled sweep n I'm terrified that won't even do anything! I just wish he would come! His head is engaged I'm 60% effaced 2.5 cm idk what he is waiting for!!

Yes, I have been in it for 3 weeks with twins. My contractions have not increased or stopped. I was told at the hospital it's prodromal labor.

I honestly think it's one of the most irritating terrible things to experience especially if u are term

I think I have been for about three weeks now :/ but I've been stuck at a fingertip dilated for all that time!!

Oh no I know how u ladies are feeling I'm sure

I just had another nst and sure enough, still having real contractions. Painful ones, not just bh. That's over 3 weeks now.

Oh no! I am 38-2 I know a sweep scheduled Thursday I didn't wna make it to

With ds2!! I was having contractions that were not doing anything but could definitely feel them. I was dilated at 4cm and they still would not induce me! A week later the labor was very quick and he was here! Honestly it was so irritating and emotionally draining! Wish you luck!!

Thank you draining is a great word to describe it! Mayb one good thing will come out of this an easy labor

It is very emotionally draining! Such a roller coaster of thinking this is it and then they stop. Over and over! Now I'm more or less ignoring them unless they are REALLY painful. Watch me end up ignoring the real thing until it has me doubled over

That's exactly what I said I don't even get exited when I feel a pains just whatever to me now I won't call or go in unless in in excruciating pain or my water breaks!

We're going to end up having our babies in the bathroom lol

Lol well w all this "preparing" these babies better come out like butter haha!

I don't understand how I can have had all of the contractions and still only be a fingertip dilated. She said that my cervix was very soft/ripe and forward but still!

I don't understand that either! I also don't understand that w these pains something should be happening inside there and for me with his head being fully engaged why the hell hasn't my water broke or consistent strong contractions does not make any sense to me. I told my husband I wish he was an ob doc I would have made him break my water lol

I keep hoping to feel that *pop* :) I don't care if I'm in public or even on stage in front of a hundred people if it breaks at this point. I'll just scream "Hallelujah! Let's head to the ER!"

I'm currently 4cm and 70% effaced. She did another sweep and told me to keep active. So hoping this does the trick. I have a history of fast labors and i live too far from the hospital to wait once contractions really start. Of my water were to break at home, i am pretty sure I'll have baby at home. Last baby came out within ten minutes of it breaking!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->