Prodromal Labour... Getting exhausted... Need support.

pumpkin90

Reaction score
Okay.. So I posted Thursday that I had started losing my plug.. Friday morning I woke up and used washroom and passed lots of bright red blood. This landed me in the hospital for a NST and monitoring of baby and bleeding. Monitor was picking up contractions regularly Q 2-4 mins but not as strong as they would have liked to see. I was 1cm 50% effaced. And would stop and start. Inducing was a discussion... But not in my birth plan and bleeding slowed so doctor agreed to send me home. Birth plan is natural water birth with midwife at the birth center. Anyways. Went home Friday and slept as best I could . Sat morning contractions started picking up again.. And we're consistent and regular all morning. Passing lots and lots of plug/show. Later on Sat I Went to birth center.. I was 2-3cm 50% and baby was really engaged in pelvis and membranes stretched over his head. Sent home to labour until I was more progressed, but we thought forsure I would be having this baby that night. Contractions were getting really intense that I had to focus and breathe through each one. Was in and out of bath/shower... Birth ball... Walking... No progression. Took some Gravol and tylenol and had a good 10 hour sleep. Sunday when I woke up contractions started picking up again... More mucous plug/show. Contractions were getting intense and I was sure it was time. Got to birth center in the evening and was upset to find that I was 3cm 50% and baby's head wasn't as well applied as it had been. UGH!. So exhausted at this point... Midwife expected to see us back at midnight..I Returned home and contractions continued to be 2-3mins apart lasting a minute- 1 1/3... This was it!..around 8am Monday morning I was nauseous.. Puking...Shivering..in between contractions. Contractions were so intense and needed lots of focus.. Called midwife and she said to come in... I later found out that when I had come in my midwife had said to my supports prior to checking me that I really look like I was in transition and that this was it!.. . Well, that was not the case. She checked me to find I was 4-5cm and 50% effaced.. Still could feel waters around baby's head. She let me stay this time so she could monitor my labour for a bit... I got comfortable and into the tub and of course... Labour started slowing and then stalled. I was sent home yet again..she explained prodromal labour to me, and said that this is what I was experiencing and that it could last hours to weeks. She gave me the option to either 1) take Gravol and tylenol and head home. 2) hosp transfer to get induced. Or 3) hosp for morphine to help me sleep and then head home. Though I was and am SO ready for this to be over... I am Wanting to stick with my birth plan, so I chose option 1. I was totally broken inside and broke down crying. I felt so dissapointment and discouraged. What was going wrong?!... Why won't my body make this happen? What I'm a doing wrong?... We talked a bit about these feelings and She gave me Gravol and tylenol and told me to get some sleep and to take things 4 hours at a time... And keep her posted. Last night I slept for 2-3 hour chunks and would be woken by intense sporadic contractions. Taking baths when this happened and then back to bed. Currently Tuesday afternoon and still no baby... Still weird prolonged prodormal labour with sporadic yet very intense contractions and lots of bloody show. I am well rested today.. But I'm feeling very discouraged with being sent home so many times.. How can I have such intense contractions that don't progress? I want to stick to my birth plan but I so badly want this over and done with and to be holding my baby :( sigh...

Wow that sounds absolutely miserable:( I'm really sorry you have to go through this. I hope it progresses for you soon! Remember, birth plans often don't work out exactly as you imagine and that's totally okay. Don't ever feel bad for taking a different route. I'm really impressed that you've stuck with it this long! If I was you, I would have gotten induced for sure. Wishing you tons of luck! I bet you will start progressing more soon:)

I agree you are a strong woman I would have been had them break my waters so I can see my baby good luck try to keep us updated if u can

Big hugs hun sounds like how my first labour went contractions stopping and starting with no real progression finally after 3 days she arrived. I really hope things star I progress soon for you hun so you can get the birth you want. X

Thanks for the support everyone. Thankfully contractions have slowed down for today... Which gives me some time to refocus and I had the chance to shower and clean myself up. Fresh start altogether. I went to the chiropractor for an adjustment and he said my pelvis was way out of whack so that was prob stalling labour as baby wasn't able to come all the way down. I will go everyday for adjustments until baby comes. For now I'm not trying anything to progress the process other than drinking raspberry leaf tea and doing positions to help make baby come into a good position in my pelvis..and of course rest. Just I am not doing anything that is going to wear me out. I'm a little frightened to try and get things rolling again because I'd hate for it to get steady just to stall again. Any suggestions or supportive comments are 100% welcomed.

I had this with my last son for a week! I can't tell you how miserable I was! I will say I hope you are close to the hospital cause baby will come quick!

I'm sorry you're going through this. I had prodromal labor with my son that lasted six days until he was born. It's very tiring and rough.

It is rough.. I just can't imagine going for weeks more... A couple days I think I can handle... But not weeks... I don't know what I would do. Thanks everyone for the support. And WinterBabies3, I am about 20minutes away from the birth center, so I'm also praying I don't have a car baby :/

i feel for you i had it for 2 weeks with my 4th :(

Wow! Two weeks?! I don't think I could go that long... Were you dilating at all?

Contractions started again last night on their own... Still sporadic but I'm hoping that maybe this will be it..but not getting my hopes up. I've had lots of bloody show come again and I've been doing lots of exercises to get baby in a good position and I think it has worked... I have a chiropractor appt later this morning... And I'm going to book for an induction accupuncture treatment. I also have my scheduled midwife appt later today.. So we will see where this day leads us. Been woken up twice last night by contractions though. First time I took a bath and they stopped... This time I'm just rocking standing up and I think they'll slow a bit. I'm super gassy and I've had two loose-ish BMs during the night.. And can feel another one is coming... Fingers crossed

It is rough.. I just can't imagine going for weeks more... A couple days I think I can handle... But not weeks... I don't know what I would do. Thanks everyone for the support. And WinterBabies3, I am about 20minutes away from the birth center, so I'm also praying I don't have a car baby :/

I was already dilated to 5 cm when I went in and was in "Active" labor for 2 hrs! I wish you luck cause it does suck!! If this baby does it to me too I'll scream haha

No baby yet. But feeling way more positive and full of energy today. Went to chiropractor appt this morning and then induction accupuncture treatment this afternoon. Came home and cleaned the house- laundry, vacuumed and mopped floors, did the dishes, tidied, moved furniture.. LOL and brought a whole bunch of donations to the thrift store... Maybe this burst of energy is a good sign? Just drinking a lot of raspberry leaf tea and a tea that the acupuncturist gave me that helps induce labour. Sitting on my birth ball.... Nipple stimulation... Trying things. Contractions picking up... But not getting my hopes up that it progresses to active labour. He will come when he is ready. But baby is in a good position now from all the exercise I've been doing for that and so here's to hoping he's ready to make his way down. If not, I know how to slow it back down and I know these contractions though they aren't active and won't produce a baby are still prepping my body and changing my cervix :) staying positive! I can do this :) :) :) stick to my natural birth plan. We can do this both baby and I

Well guys... I started them up again and my water broke spontaneously. Contractions are intensifying... Here's to having a Baby soon :)

exciting hun good luck when i was in confirmed active labor after 2 weeks of pains it was less than 1hour x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->