professional photography

bigbelly2

mommy of 2!
Reaction score
Ive done a few posts now showing you some of oh's photos and asked advice re prices etc...

if you can remember i was saying how shy he is and how he lacked confidence so everybody pushing him to do his photography was great...

Weve had some major problems and set backs over the last 2 years and we desperately want to just move forward and have some good times, things are still pretty pants on many aspects of life but im trying to concentrate on the future possibilities and make our own luck if that makes sense??

so heres a little update for you, weve done loads of shoots now, EVERYBODY has bought pics and some have booked again for between 6 and 12 months time with them recommending us to family and friends so were really busy at the minute. Also my daughters primary school have asked us about doing photos for them instead of tempest and a few nurseries/day centres and toddler groups have contacted us....

weve started to do a little bit of advertising now but so far were doing well with just word of mouth....

if you get time have a peek at the website and let us know what you think, also for people that have had photos done already how do you think we compare price wise and quality of images...do you think the website has everything we need on there....or are there any pointers you could give us...we really want to make a go of this so before we go full throttle we want to check with others if there is anything else you think we could or should do....on every side not just the website, advertising, places to approach, how to approach people and general pointers, we need as much info from parents as possible so id really appreciate any comments!

if anyone wants to see any more pics just let me know, all the parents that have had pics done are so happy when we ask if we can use their images we love proud parents lol

h x

ps website is obv the one in my signature lol

thankyou so much ladies!!

I just want to say a huge congratulations to you both.

You know I love my photography and am slowly improving and taking some bookings but I am nowhere near as good as your OH.

I wish you both the best of luck with this and hope it turns into something wonderful for you xxx

the photos look fantastic hun, and the prices look brillaint too, if i was nearer i would have some photos done of my girls.

You might be getting a call from me when Ellie is abit older!!! The pictures are fab!

Just in case anyone does wonder the siggy has been approved by admin ;)

It looks great sweetie - congratulations to you both! :hugs:
I'm a photographer in my spare time and am also getting bookings by word of mouth; it's a brilliant feeling, isn't it? :)
May your business continue to go from strength to strength! :happydance:
xxx

I looked at your site the other week cause were looking to get pics taken off Roo and i thought your prices were great!!! i went to venture a few months back and wanted 4/5 pics and they come to over a grande!!! they were beautiful pics and was heartbroken we couldnt have them but your OH takes just as good quality pictures think you wil be deffinatly getting a call from us if we get the car :)

my husband is also a photographer. I know how hard it is to go mainstream and jump into the professional aspect of things.

I really like your website. It is easy to navigate and has all the necessary items on it. I have always found it helpful when photographers post their prices online but I have found that most "professionals" do not do this. I think it will be good for generating business.

As far as the website goes... the only suggestion I would have is under the Gallery the photos scroll slowly. I would speed them up a touch. Also might be nice to have thumnails beside or below the main picture showing. This web-site has an example of what I am talking about.... (choose one of the main photos and you will see what I mean) https://www.chrisbennyimaging.com/inner.html

I think your husbands photos are excellant. Best of luck to you.

my husband is also a photographer. I know how hard it is to go mainstream and jump into the professional aspect of things.

I really like your website. It is easy to navigate and has all the necessary items on it. I have always found it helpful when photographers post their prices online but I have found that most "professionals" do not do this. I think it will be good for generating business.

As far as the website goes... the only suggestion I would have is under the Gallery the photos scroll slowly. I would speed them up a touch. Also might be nice to have thumnails beside or below the main picture showing. This web-site has an example of what I am talking about.... (choose one of the main photos and you will see what I mean) https://www.chrisbennyimaging.com/inner.html

I think your husbands photos are excellant. Best of luck to you.

thankyou for the advice/help oh has amended part of the site

h x

Your OH's photos are amazing!

I do photography when I can, i will be going it at university next year when i leave school

His photos are fantastic, and the site is great. The prices are great. Can I ask are the photos done digitally?

His photos are fantastic, and the site is great. The prices are great. Can I ask are the photos done digitally?

hi ya,

yep the photos are done digitally....may i ask why you ask?

(i have no clue about any of this....i had to as him if they were lol)

h x

Well I had my children's done at a big chain, and they offer something that I noticed you didnt have and thought it may be an idea for you. Basically as your husband takes the photos he owns the rights, now this chain offered that you can buy the rights and them on a cd for a set amount (so people print them off themselves), at the time almost four years ago it was £175 for the rights for all the photos and them all on a cd, I went back recently and it is £150 for the rights for six photos and them on a cd, and £215 for the rights for all the photos and them all on a cd, of course you can undercut them if you wish. I hope I am making sense, pm if you wanna know which chain I am talking about.

I shall be in you area sometime in the six week holidays so might be contacting you for a booking x

like to get some professional photos done for us,but what a pity we live in different part of the world
the photos are great , i looked at the site last week,but will look again later

Well I had my children's done at a big chain, and they offer something that I noticed you didnt have and thought it may be an idea for you. Basically as your husband takes the photos he owns the rights, now this chain offered that you can buy the rights and them on a cd for a set amount (so people print them off themselves), at the time almost four years ago it was £175 for the rights for all the photos and them all on a cd, I went back recently and it is £150 for the rights for six photos and them on a cd, and £215 for the rights for all the photos and them all on a cd, of course you can undercut them if you wish. I hope I am making sense, pm if you wanna know which chain I am talking about.

I shall be in you area sometime in the six week holidays so might be contacting you for a booking x

yeah I understood it... I had photos with venture and they dont offer them on a disc.. exactly due to the reason they own the rights!! I went to a little company though and they copied the small ones I brought and made them into bigger canvass for me :):)

naughty of them but hey!!

i'll be coming in soon, soon as rhys is six months, and i've lost more weight lol
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->