• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Professional photos, cheap??

FEDup1981

Mam of two & two angels
Reaction score
Just wondered if anyone knew of any photgraphers that did cheap pictures, especially in the south yorkshire area, or a national company?

Im wanting to get some of my son, to use as xmas pressies for grandparents etc, but dont want to spend too much...any ideas?

I use pixi foto they come to my boots or woolworths quite alot, you pay £5 for one photo which you chose on the day or you can buy more when you go to collect that one and see all the others
https://www.pixifoto.co.uk/pixifoto-mobile-studios

i advise against pixifoto massively, they robbed me of a tenner and accused me of owing them £245. Still to this date haven't recieved my pic that i paid £10 for. Gonna cut my losses and forget it ever happened tho

Jesus!!
I've never had problems with them and used them since kieran was a baby, thats shocking x

yeah i used pixi last time, and they also robbed me off £10 that i thought was gonna come off my bill, and i ended up spending £200, which is more than i wanted to pay. That was for the permanent studio, so not sure if theyre cheaper when theyre based in shops?

you pay £5 for one photo which you chose on the day or you can buy more when you go to collect that one and see all the others
[/url]

how much are subsequent pics on mobile settings?

my friend has just had some done and she had 7 different styles and you get a big one 2?medium sized one's and 4 smallones. And its £165 for the lot but you don't have to buy them all, you also get a canvas which is a good size for free the picture of you choice if you buy them all x

Found them to be damn right rude and obnoxious. Filed a formal complaint to the head office demanding my £10 back as I had not received any pics and guess what, i haven't heard a peep out of them. Will never use company like them again. I'll hire a personal photographer if I want some done.

Don't touch any of the franchises advertising in Woolies/Boots.

If you're in the Essex area I am happy to suggest people we know or offer my geeky services... else do them yourself and print at Boots!

I have always usewd pixi photos from boots, never had a problem. i just pay a fiver to get the large print and collect it when i come in to look at the photos. Dont pay for the rest ;)

I have always usewd pixi photos from boots, never had a problem. i just pay a fiver to get the large print and collect it when i come in to look at the photos. Dont pay for the rest ;)

Ive never done this before but always been curious...is it just as simple as that, pay just one fiver and get ur pic...no strings and u defo dont have to get the others?

no you defo don't have to get the others, when you have another LO you also get vouchers in your bounty pack that means you don't have to pay a fiver either x

You dont HAVE to get any others but expect hassle when you don't get any others

I dunno, after my experience, I wouldn't risk it. Its not the £10 i'm bothered about. Its the snotty phone call i got.

Others have had positive experiences though. Maybe it's worth the risk?

Alternatively, you could look in the paper for a photographer? Or even pop into you local college and ask if any of the photography students would like to do any? I work in a college and am gonna use the students to take pics of caitlyn and my wedding!

I dunno, after my experience, I wouldn't risk it. Its not the £10 i'm bothered about. Its the snotty phone call i got.

Others have had positive experiences though. Maybe it's worth the risk?

Alternatively, you could look in the paper for a photographer? Or even pop into you local college and ask if any of the photography students would like to do any? I work in a college and am gonna use the students to take pics of caitlyn and my wedding!

Thats a good idea :thumbup:

We used panda pics yesterday, they tend to do army bases alot and its cost me £119 for 6 photo's

hi i used pixi photos 2 weeks ago for my 7 week old daughter the pictures are very proffesional and worth every penny but there are not cheap £605 it cost me for 3 canvases of 4 different pics on each and a selection of 12 other seperate pics. that was the one in mothercare in wolverhampton.... but there are good and the staff are great wiv the kids.

hi i used pixi photos 2 weeks ago for my 7 week old daughter the pictures are very proffesional and worth every penny but there are not cheap £605 it cost me for 3 canvases of 4 different pics on each and a selection of 12 other seperate pics. that was the one in mothercare in wolverhampton.... but there are good and the staff are great wiv the kids.

Hey beleive you me you got hell of alot more for your money than I did from venture. I got 2 pics (& frames) for £850. But I cant fault the pics. I love them. They absolutbly make my living room...

Olivia had some pics dont at nursery by a local photographer. The pics arent bad but im not a fan of say cheese for the camera posey type pics but I guess you could look into a local photographer as the price wasnt too bad x

Hey beleive you me you got hell of alot more for your money than I did from venture. I got 2 pics (& frames) for £850. But I cant fault the pics. I love them. They absolutbly make my living room...

Olivia had some pics dont at nursery by a local photographer. The pics arent bad but im not a fan of say cheese for the camera posey type pics but I guess you could look into a local photographer as the price wasnt too bad x

we had some taken at venture and they were beautiful but we couldnt afford them i was sooo gutted!! it would of been over a grande for 4 photos!! was shocking

we went to pixi and got the one just for a fiver the rest of the pics were nice aswell! going again at the end of jan now we have extra money will buy more if there nice

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"