progesterone 108......why so high?????

Mrs. Burch

Mommy to Bristol
Reaction score
so just got bfp on the 9th. had blood work done and hcg was 32 and p. is 108!!! I am on supplements but have been on them the last 3 times I've been pregnant (1 baby and 2 miscarriages) but all 3 times it was in the 20's. I just have no idea why it's so high? Any thoughts? Thanks in advance!!

I've never seen a progesterone level that high though so I wonder if it's a typo or a lab error? :shrug: I'd ask your doctor what they think of that number and maybe request a recheck to see what it's doing. But if it's really that high, then I'd say you really don't need those supplements anymore. Some women don't need them after a while. I was on progesterone for my three rainbows but this time, I'm not and my numbers have been fine thus far.

I know, they do but I double checked and even spoke to the Dr and he remembered them and said progesterone was high. I haven't had a chance to ask why though. I go tomorrow for repeat bloods.

My progesterone has always been high in the first trimester (last pregnancy it was in the 80s around 5 weeks) and my doctor was afraid I was carrying twins.
The same thing happened this time around, too, so I figured I just produce high progesterone when pregnant.
I was not taking supplements, either. Just my experience.

With my first progesterone was 96 or something. Idk with my second because I was on progesterone shots. Sounds like a great number! Maybe it's multiples?

With my first pregnancy my progesterone was high like yours too. I did IVF and was on supplements. My doctor took me off them at 5 weeks. This pregnancy after a FET my progesterone was only 16 so I will remain on the supplements for the normal 10 weeks. What did your doctor say?

Ok gals! So I got bloods yesterday and I think dairy and blue are right. I think the lab switched the numbers. My progesterone yesterday, 4w0d 14dpo, was 41 and hcg was 328. So basically if they were switched I'm still doing good!

10dpo hcg would have been 108 and progesterone 31.78
14dpo hcg is 328 and progesterone is 46. Makes more sense.

Ok so not sure what is going on with my progesterone....It's back up to 94.5 today!!!! Hcg is 1169 so I'may sure pregnancy is fine I'm 17dpo today and had bloods drawn today. This is crazy, lol!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->