Progesterone 11 at 6.5 weeks, nurse not concerned...

biscuits104

Reaction score
Anyone else have experience with "low" (I'm comparing my progesterone to those levels I've read online) progesterone and the nurse saying the level is fine? I've read that 9-47 in the first trimester is "normal" but everything I've read online has said that anything less than 20 is a concern. Ugh...I really don't want to lose my rainbow baby. My levels the week before were only 10. So it's gone up one point in a week. :nope:

Mine wasn't that "low" but at my 8 week OB appointment my progesterone wasn't even 16. It was 15something. I can't remember exactly right now. My doctor said it was normal, but I was pretty scared. My doctor wasn't concerned and said that while at the lower end, it was still normal. No issues though. I did use a natural progesterone cream that probably did nothing, but it made me feel better. I think at that gestation your progesterone is still rising so FX it gets higher!

My Dr. wants to see nothing less than 25. I'm on suppositories and progesterone oil shots since I have VERY low levels normally and get bloodwork done weekly to make sure my levels stay high. I personally, would want to supplement if my levels were lower than 20. I guess I would trust your Dr. though if he/she says it's ok....

Personally I'd want to talk to my doctor more about it maybe get some progesterone supplement. If you're worries you should get more answers. :hugs:

I'm not an expert but even though I didnt check for my levels I insisted on being put on the suppositories due to prev losses. I would get them, why take the risk.

I've had previous losses, so I asked my doctor this time about progesterone. She said that she is generally hesitant to prescribe medications when she doesn't know if a problem even exists (I've never had my progesterone levels checked), but that it won't hurt me to take the progesterone even if my levels are normal, so she prescribed it for me anyways. If you're worried, ask if you can have the prescription even just for your piece of mind.

My dr supplements at less than 20. There's no risk with supplementing so why not!? I'd talk to dr more about it!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"