Progesterone blood test - which day of cycle do I go?

hereitgoes

TTC #1
Reaction score
Witch came last night :cry:
I did bloods back in Oct and progest was low.. cant rem which say and my GP is on maternity.. Does anyone know which day of cycle you get that done? Thanks xx

If you have regular cycles hon, it needs to be done 7 days after ovulation.

In my case I didn't have regular cycles so they just did it randomly and it was so low they could confirm I just wasn't ovulating.

was told by both the doc and the blood peeps that i have to go no sooner than cycle day 21 and no later than day 23 unless doc specifically gives you an exact date to go.
I get to go again in a couple of weeks too!

I think getting blood works done by advise on the internet would be wrong. There should be someone you can ask and have the results interpreted. Otherwise, you may be misleaded. Because everyone is different.

I was scheduled to do this test on my CD23. At first the nurse said CD21 but I dunno why she changed to CD23.

GPs tend to forget that not all women have perfect cycles with O at cd14 and AF every 28 days. Testing progesterone at cd21 is only appropriate if that is the case. It's a shame that they forget that cuz quite a few women who book fertility tests after a year of TTC do not have such perfect cycles.

For women who have shorter or longer cycles and probably ovulate before or after cd14, cd21 is either too early or too late and might well give an inaccurate result and wrongly make you believe that you r not ovulating.

the best is to know when you O and start AF before booking a blood test

thats very true, with morgan i got told i didnt O having bloods cd21 but i knew i was only 3dpo i told the docs and they said it wudnt matter.....it came bk i didnt O yet we concieved morgan that mth :?

21 days i did mine, & my results came back as normal but for some bizarre reason im ovulating a week later now :wacko:

My doc always had me go on cd 24. It all depends on when you o, good luck!!

Like Kate said, if you're regular and track ovulation, then it should be done at 7DPO. If you're irregular and suspect you're not ovulating, then it's ALWAYS CD21. Not because they forget that not everyone has 28 days cycle and ovulate at CD14, but because it'll be pretty much a formality to start you on medication.

So it depends on what is it you're after.

7 days past ovulation.

It's easy to guess when you ovulate by temping. I had my blood test last cycle, the RN said my result was, I quote, "beautiful", ...wish it ended up with a BFP

Anyway, if you don't take temps but you POAS, go 7-8 days after your first positive OPK.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->