Progesterone cream

Loozle

Reaction score
Hi, I'm not sure if this is the right place for this thread!
I've recently got some progesterone cream, I suspect that I have a deficiency since I needed progesterone pessaries with ds2 after 4 losses. I've recently had another loss, hence the progesterone cream.
What I'm wondering though is when to use it? Should I use it after I've ovulated until AF or will using the cream prevent AF coming? Or should I only use it once I have a bfp? Any idea?

My understanding is that you don't start it until you have confirmed OV as it can delay ovulation. Use as directed until you get AF or a BFP. If you get AF, stop using the cream. If you get a BFP, continue using it and talk to your doctor about when to stop. I think it's usually at the end of first tri.

Maybe others can elaborate?

I don't have a ton to add to that, except that you also are supposed to rotate where you are applying it and not put it on the same spot each day.

Apparently it can delay AF, but only to where it should be, not forever or anything like that. For me, I'd LOVE to extend my luteal phase, because I suspect it might be causing my TTC problems, and that is definitely related to not having enough progesterone. I am going to ask about using cream or other progesterone sources tomorrow, when I have a doctor's appt.

That's great, thanks for your help. I temp and use opk's so I should be ok to confirm ovulation before I start using it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->