Progesterone dosage?

MillieJoan

WTT for #2 late 2013 :-)
Reaction score
Is anyone here using progesterone suppositories/planning to use them if you get a BFP?

I have low progesterone, and my doctor prescribed 25mg suppositories twice/day, but I'm worried that the dosage is too low if I'm lucky enough to get pregnant. I had a miscarriage last month at nearly 10 weeks due possibly to low progesterone, even though I was using Emerita Progest cream (20 mg twice/day). Since the suppository dosage isn't much higher than what I was using in cream form, I'm terrified the same thing might happen again.

Any thoughts?? TIA! :flower:

I'm so sorry for your loss :(
I too have had losses (around 4-5weeks) and have low progesterone. Even while on Clomid my levels were between 7-8 only. This month my RE gave me progesterone suppositories 100 mg each to take twice a day (morning and night). I'm waiting to ovulate so I haven't tried them out yet.
Are you seeing a RE?

I'm so sorry for your loss :(
I too have had losses (around 4-5weeks) and have low progesterone. Even while on Clomid my levels were between 7-8 only. This month my RE gave me progesterone suppositories 100 mg each to take twice a day (morning and night). I'm waiting to ovulate so I haven't tried them out yet.
Are you seeing a RE?

Yeah, 100 mg or more was what I was seeing online, so only getting a prescription for 50 mg total has me worried!

I was working with a home birth midwife before the miscarriage, and getting bloodwork and ultrasounds through my family doctor, who is the one who prescribed the progesterone this time. I think I might see an OB to get a second opinion.

Personally, I think you should have more than what your Dr has prescribed. When I was talking with my RE, he stated 100 mg is the min. he would give but preferred me to be on 200 mg daily (which I of course was more than ok with)
I would def. get a 2nd opinion, and see an OB or a RE hun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->