Progesterone during luteal phase and natural progesterone

deductivemom

Cautiously expecting #1
Reaction score
Ladies who use progesterone for luteal phase support - I am wondering if you have observed any effects on your apparent natural progesterone production?

Normally I seem to have pretty good levels of progesterone during the first part of my luteal phase, but sometimes the levels seem to drop too early and my doctor decided it would be a good idea for me to take progesterone suppositories during the TWW in case that improves my chances of implantation or prevents early miscarriage (I've had 2 chemicals so far in 8 months of trying).

This month, after 1 month of the suppositories, however, I am seeing some evidence of poor natural progesterone production after ovulation. My temp shift is less strong than usual and seemed to be delayed. Also, I haven't had any of my usual post-ovulation symptoms (headache, breast tenderness).

I am set to start my suppositories tomorrow but am wondering if having taken extra progesterone last month could have negatively impacted my body's ability to produce its own progesterone after ovulation. I will probably still take them even if this is a possible side effect, but I might want to shift when I start taking them or for how long I take them if they are going to impact my natural progesterone production.

Any thoughts or personal experience would be helpful! Thanks!

No answers unfortunately. This will be my first month taking them, but wanted to hang around to see any answers you get.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->