Progesterone influence and implantation bleeding

itwillhappen

Reaction score
Ufff...I have to ask...
So this is our first month of assisted conception. We chose do :sex: on our own (if I can say this) instead on IUI. The short version: Clomid 5-9, trigger shot day 14, progesterone starting day 19, twice a day (Endometrin). Dr said to test June 1st. I've been tempted and tested earlier with negative results :(

With the exception of O days when I had some cramps, I didn't have pregnancy symptoms...just some cramping here and there, bloated, mild sore breast, and I was going very often to pee :blush: To me...nothing out of usual...

Yesterday was day 28th and I had some cramps, some emotional episodes (I don't really have to be pregnant to be emotional :p), I suddenly felt tired and took a nap around 2pm, woke up and got a terrible headache that lasted for hours. I also start having some brownish and pinkish discharge. Now I am freaking out that it's AF and that I am not pregnant :(

Still...there is a possibility of having implantation bleeding. My discharge is only when I wipe or when the progesterone is leaking (tmi)...so there is no bleeding...So far so good.

My concern (and here is where I would like your feedback) is how the progesterone can play a role in this? I mean is it AF and the Progesterone doesn't "allow" it to come? Shall I continue taking it?

Tomorrow morning (June 1st) I will test again and then call the dr. However, I would like to hear your opinion. If it's implantation bleeding, and I get a negative...can I get a positive later? And after how many days shall I try again?

Thank you in advance...hope to hear about other experiences with progesterone and pregnancy.

I believe ( I am not a DR) but you need more progesterone to make sure you stay pregnant if you are.. Implantation bleeding can occur and normally it takes 2 days for the egg to attach to the uterine wall. So i would wait 2 days then test. Yes, i would keep taking progesterone help.. It will only help you.. If you dont have enough progesterone in your body it can cause you to M/C. Again, if its IB you will get a negative because your body hasn't had enough time to creater the HCG hormone that is released in your urine. If you are pregnant, your progesterone should rise ( normally) and it stays higher throughout your pregnancy. I hope this helps. And if you are still unsure google it, I have learned so much by looking up my questions.. :)this is what I have been told and read all over this forum.. Don't panic.. You might just be PREGGO!! Good Luck and BABY DUST TO YOU

Thank you so much for your answer.
I am so stuned. I did the test this morning and is negative. I called the nurse and she told me to stop the progesterone and let AF to come. I can't believe that she didn't consider not for one second that I might be pregnant and that might be implantation or to suggest a blood test... I mean what shall I do? Who shall I ask for a second opinion? Shall I really interupt progesterone?
It's true that by doing it so, I can start a new cycle and so on. But still...as you said, I can have a M/C just cause I didn't give it a chance.
I really don't know what to do now...:cry:
Last night I googled a lot and I usualy do even if ask here. Based on what I read on internet I could have an implantation bleeding. The only thing that is confusing me was the progesterone that I am taking and the way it might affect the results.
Anybody else experienced the same thing?

Its hard to tell right now, and I am not sure how Progesterone could affect what you are trying to achieve ( again I am not a DR) but I would test again and see if you get that BFP! and I am going for a 2nd opinion myself, because my FS says he wants me to loose weight before he helps me..

Well I had a long conversation with the dr. yesterday. I asked him how would I know that is not implantation? He said that if it would be, it would have happened earlier (~7DPO and/or 1 week befor AF "scheduled")...which kind of makes sense. The progesterone can prevent the AF and with a negative test(s) I had to stop that to allow AF. He said if is not comming in the next 2 days, to retest.

Today is about to come and I have terible cramps :( So I guess we're starting all over. Is hard a little beat because my confidence is shaking. I keep telling myself that women succeded on the second cycle and even on the third. So I hope I'll part of the statistics :)

I asked what could have gone wrong since everything went preatty good according to the tests...He said it could be that I had "bad eggs" :wacko: I can only imagine a stinky spoiled chicken egg :p...hard to accept the idea itself... It can also be one of those things when dr don't have what else to say. After all they can't test if I have bad or good eggs in that cycle unless I go under IVF...so is like a lotery...to have or not to have bad eggs :growlmad:

I also wanted to try IUI this cycle (even if is not covered by ins - treatment is not covered) but DH just started a new job and more likely he'll not be available...so I guess we'll BD on our own...Would be great to get pregnant like this with less cost. Still...I WANT TO GET PREGANT! Don't we all ? :D

Good luck to everybody! We all deserve to have our dreams come true!
:dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"