Progesterone level at 3dpo?

TryinFor1

mommy <3
Reaction score
SO, I am on clomid and I get my progesterone levels checked on cd21--doesnt matter the 7dpo part. My DR just wants me to get them done on cd21.

Last clomid cycle, I went in cd22 which just so happened to be 7dpo. My progesterone results were 17.2 Great medicated level, the DR said.

This cycle, I didnt ovulate until cd17 and I got my levels taken at cd20, 3dpo. My DR called me the following monday and said my levels were outstanding, 23! I started thinking about it, and realized that progesterone levels actually peak at 7dpo.

So this is my question. Are the progesterone levels between 3dpo and 7dpo that much different? I read a couple things online where it said it is like a bell curve and will just keep going up. Does anyone know if the time between 3dpo and 7dpo would cause those levels to be a lot higher? Or would it just be like a couple more points above 3dpo? Like 25 or something? Or does it sky rocket between those days and there is a chance it is even higher?

Any help on the matter is much appreciated.

SO, I am on clomid and I get my progesterone levels checked on cd21--doesnt matter the 7dpo part. My DR just wants me to get them done on cd21.

Last clomid cycle, I went in cd22 which just so happened to be 7dpo. My progesterone results were 17.2 Great medicated level, the DR said.

This cycle, I didnt ovulate until cd17 and I got my levels taken at cd20, 3dpo. My DR called me the following monday and said my levels were outstanding, 23! I started thinking about it, and realized that progesterone levels actually peak at 7dpo.

So this is my question. Are the progesterone levels between 3dpo and 7dpo that much different? I read a couple things online where it said it is like a bell curve and will just keep going up. Does anyone know if the time between 3dpo and 7dpo would cause those levels to be a lot higher? Or would it just be like a couple more points above 3dpo? Like 25 or something? Or does it sky rocket between those days and there is a chance it is even higher?

I just pulled out my protocol and my RE has me coming in 6-7 days post LH surge or 5-6 days post OV...So I don't know why he would test the same day because levels really depend on when you ovulate and how much progesterone is released by the corpus luteum.

Maybe you should call them and ask?

I just pulled out my protocol and my RE has me coming in 6-7 days post LH surge or 5-6 days post OV...So I don't know why he would test the same day because levels really depend on when you ovulate and how much progesterone is released by the corpus luteum.

Maybe you should call them and ask?

I know why he doesnt do it 7dpo. I dont have PCOS, I dont have anything medically wrong except not ovulating for some reason after birth control. He said he just wants to make sure I ovulate and clomid should make me ovulate between cd10-20. If it doesnt, then I need to take provera, not wait to ovulate.

Maybe he said it was great because your level is consistent with early pregnancy? fxd!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->