Progesterone Level *Clomid*....HELP!!

brittsho

Reaction score
Hello ladies!

I recently took Clomid 150mg this cycle & had my progesterone checked on CD21...doc said my level was roughly a 3, so not high enough. I've read numerous sites that say 2.5 or above indicates ovulation. I think I ovulated on CD23 due to cramping, spotting & EWCM. Has anyone had an experience where there doc said they didn't O, but in fact actually did?

Also, does anyone know anything about these progesterone levels??!
:wacko:

Idk what level needs to be to show O. I took 50mg last cycle and my 6dpo levels were 14.4

i think the reference values are different in different countries. the thing is that cd21 progesterone level needs to be measured after ovulation not exactly at cd21. if you ovulated at cd 23, progesterone level would be low and the doctor would say you had anovulatory cycle whereas you actually ovulated, just later.
if you don't chart bbt, you could go for progesterone test 5 days after your positive OPK...
so i think it is well possible that you ovulated later than when you got you blood taken

exactly - I think docs just assume every woman's cycle is 28 days so 7dpo (or after assumed 14th day) they would do an ovulation check - however I'm almost positive I O'd later on. I think I am going to just keep my fingers crossed & go with my gut instict on this one. I've also had super sore BBs so maybe things will work out & I'll get a BFP! :)

I'm not sure what the level is that indicates O, i think it's anything over 3, but don't quote me on that. Last cycle I only had 10 so they gave me a progesterone supplement called prometrium to use, this cycle my progesterone level is higher so I'm not using anything. You should see if they can give you a prescription to raise it (unless you didn't O, then I don't know if they will do that.) When they check my progesterone its about 1 week after O...

Im also wondering about this issue as I just had a progesterone pooled test and it came back as 10. I was told by my Dr. that a normal level should be at 30 so mine is obviously low. I also took Vitex this cycle which could have helped a bit. I did OPK test and saw a postive LH surge on day 18, so I assume I actually ovulated. Im wondering if anyone has used Clomid and Progesterone supp's to treat this issue and improve ovulation. I heard that sometimes the lack of progesterone is caused from weak ovulation or follicles and therefor Clomid helps improve ovulation... I have about a 9-10 day luteal phase on a good month. Im also wondering if its concerning that I ovulate so late in my cycle, usually between day 18-21 (28day avg.) and if this could be a sign of ovulation issues
Im so confused by all this fertility stuff and just want to do what will improve my chances as Im 32 working on our first baby...why does TTC have to be so difficult for some of us? :( Any words of advice would be much appreciated....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->