Progesterone level is 3.4? Can I still be pregnant?

rustyswife828

TTC 2nd miracle baby
Reaction score
So I was on clomid this cycle.. and I had watery cm around CD 12 and had watery cm for 5-6 days... as of right now I have TONS I MEAN TONS of creamy cm.. I checked internal and it was just globs and globs of creamy cm..
I have all the pregnancy symptoms.. fatigue, cramps, nausea, sore nipples, achy breasts..

I had blood work done on CD 22 and my level of progesterone is 3.4 and she said I didn't ovulate so they're putting me on 100mg of clomid next cycle..

Has anyone had a successful pregnancy with low progesterone level?

Not much help, but I know one person who had low progesterone levels and used the supplement in injection form to help get pregnant and stay pregnant.

Perhaps bring it up with your doctor and see if they recommend taking progesterone to help?

Well this could be it... 5 years ago when I was pregnant I was sooo irritable that I didn't want to be around anyone, not talk to me etc.. and I would get emotional if one person got on my nerves and I would cry!

Well I was late for work today and when my boss said something I literally had to hold back from emotioanally breaking down.. and I've just been bitchy and in an extreme irritable mood...

Took an dollar tree hpt this morning and it was a :bfn: but I'm having all the classic signs, nausea, queasiness, mood swings, abdominal cramping, sometimes gagging at the thought of food.. sense of smell seems to be stronger and achy breasts and very sore nipples... :sigh:

Is a pinching pulling cramp a good sign? It's like on the left side of my abdominal.. Stomach feels like there's pressure / bloating

I don't mean to burst your bubble, but from what I just googled online, it doesn't look like you could have ovulated yet with levels that low. They said they like to see over 10 unmedicated, and over 15 unmedicated.

Anything is possible though! Hopefully this means you will ovulate soon and then quickly get your BPF!!

Hmm.. well I do have PCOS if that helps.. Just don't know what to think.. I feel pregnant but I dunno.. so frustrating :cry:

Unfortunately that's too low to sustain a pregnancy. Depending on the lab, they like it to be anywhere from "above 8" to "at least 35".

Based on your chart, you may have just ovulated on CD 23. If your temp stays up, you might get crosshairs in the morning.

Creamy CM indicates that you are not fertile. So this could be because you have not ovulated or you have ovulated and are currently in the TWW. If your doctor is ok with it, you could ask if they would recheck your progesterone in 4-7 days time. If you have ovulated on CD 23 then you probably want to do a test around CD 35.

As a side note, my doctor said that if you do not ovulate within 5-10 days of your last Clomid tablet then you did not respond to that dose of Clomid. I didn't ovulate on 50mg and went up to 100mg and I conceived on my second 100mg cycle.

Also, if you've got any questions about Clomid you are welcome to pop over to the board in the first trimester forum. There are a group of us who have conceived on Clomid/Femara and we also have some people who are TTC on Clomid too. We can let you know what worked for us. But if you don't feel comfortable joining us yet, please do when you get your BFP :)

Ok so my temp stayed up but not sure which detector I should use?

First one is FAM
Second is advanced
Third is Research

Attachments

• IMG_2086.jpg
    IMG_2086.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_2087.jpg
    IMG_2087.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_2088.jpg
    IMG_2088.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 4
Advanced is usually recommended because it takes into consideration more things than FAM. But it looks like your crosshairs have moved anyway.

Yeah advanced moved me to cd 23.. around those days I had loads of creamy cm so I guess I had ovulated but I took it as I wasn't fertile! Guess I'll have to use my fertility monitor along with preseed next month if AF shows! We only had sex once this cycle :cry:

I'd agree with FF. It's hard to know what's going on with your CM. I have to ask though, how well do you know how to track? For me, the first few months I really had no idea what I was looking at. I'm not saying you don't know what's going on.. but perhaps you missed some fertile CM? Mine can change across a single day.

And obviously you need to up the BDing! Hopefully you can next cycle. With only 1 BD in your fertile window and with not much/any fertile CM the chance isn't fantastic unfortunately. Will you be definitely upping the dose next time? Good luck :)

Thank you! I kept it on advanced.. I had forgotten but me and my husband baby danced 4 days before ovulation! I'm hoping those swimmers had stayed!!!

Yeah my nurse told me that if AF shows up or I get a negative hpt up until cd 40 then she's gonna prescribe me progesterone again to jump start my period and then I'll be put on 100mg of clomid instead of 50mg

Yeah you've got a small chance but because your CM wasn't particularly fertile it's hard to know if the swimmers would have stayed alive. It's possible, but not all that likely.

I'd say you should get AF in less than 10 days if you don't get a positive HPT.

Yeah hope some were lucky :cry: But okay so about bbt adjusting? I had adjusted my two temps that I woke up late and FF changed my ovulation date to cd 20 but if I put in the actual times it moves to cd 23?

Please help?

How off were the temping times?

I generally never adjusted my times, but did have them in as questionable.

I made another chart with adjusted temps just to see if it was worth doing on my regular chart, and i felt like adjusting just threw things off and made it more confusing and stressful, constantly having me question every little thing.

I know it's best to habe the chart as accurate as possible, but messing about with it too much just seemed to make it too stressful.

Personally, I'd say leave it as it's not going to change when you actually did or how close to bd it was. I know you really want to know for sure, i don't think adjusting times will really help as they're will still be doubt. I'd Just make sure to keep as accurate timing as possible, maybe marking them as questionable if leaving them.

Maybe someone more experienced with temping can weigh in on this, but I'd say leave it and mark it as questionable unless your temping time was way off - if you go with the adjustment, I'd still mark it as questionable (I'm a little skeptical of the accuracy of adjusting anyway).

How off were the temping times?

I generally never adjusted my times, but did have them in as questionable.

I made another chart with adjusted temps just to see if it was worth doing on my regular chart, and i felt like adjusting just threw things off and made it more confusing and stressful, constantly having me question every little thing.

I know it's best to habe the chart as accurate as possible, but messing about with it too much just seemed to make it too stressful.

Personally, I'd say leave it as it's not going to change when you actually did or how close to bd it was. I know you really want to know for sure, i don't think adjusting times will really help as they're will still be doubt. I'd Just make sure to keep as accurate timing as possible, maybe marking them as questionable if leaving them.

Maybe someone more experienced with temping can weigh in on this, but I'd say leave it and mark it as questionable unless your temping time was way off - if you go with the adjustment, I'd still mark it as questionable (I'm a little skeptical of the accuracy of adjusting anyway).

Thank you for replying spunky!!! Making the temps questionable is a great idea!!! So I marked those temps as discarded and the ovulation date didn't change using the FAM or advanced.. So fingers crossed! So that's why my progesterone level was low! Now it's just the waiting game :happydance:

I agree, and quite often I found that FF would shift my O dated on one odd temp but then it a few days it would adjust back. I think CD 23 makes sense because you had the blood test for your progesterone on CD 22 (I think?) so if you'd O'd on CD 20 then you would have expected your progesterone to be higher.

Spunky, I think we might have the same due date!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->