• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Progesterone level=very scared

ceri78

Reaction score
Can anyone help me I've just had my progesterone results at 5week 3 days and it came back 29nmol...at the hospital they said they like to see it over 50.im scared stiff at the moment as they wont give me suppositories :cry:.....should I prepare myself for the worst?? This level has frightened me.my hcg on Monday was 4488 and Wednesday was 7700 so not quite doubled they are looking into ectopic:cry:
Has anyone had low progesterone and gone on to have successful pregnancy without meds???
Thank you for reading
Xxx
I'm in the UK

Why won't they give you supplements for the low progesterone ?? I'd be raising heck about that... I've only had a successful pregnancy with progesterone, lost 3 pregnancys without it!!! That level doesn't seem too low to me though, mine was 13 last pregnancy and 10 this.. but mine was checked in the 4th week, don't know about the 5th week ... I'd call your ob/midwife for supplements , are you bleeding or anything ???

Also hcg at those levels can take up to 96 hrs to double at that stage, I really think those hcg levels look fine!!

Hi! No I have no bleeding ( touch wood) for some unknown reason here in the UK they won't give you progesterone supplements :growlmad:the doctors in the hospital I'm dealing don't believe in it! They said there's no scientific evidence to back things up:shrug: I just have to wait for my 7 week scan a week on wed to see what's happening which is just great as I'm worrying myself sick at the moment:cry:
I had a scan on Monday but just saw an empty sac at 5 weeks,I'm trying to be positive but with my reading of 29nmol I'm also trying to prepare for the worst:cry:
Thank you xx

From what I know 29 is NOT low. Especially for how far along you are. Have you researched aka googled lol progesterone charts? That might be very helpful for you. Im on progesterone therapy when trying to get pregnant and then continue it for 14weeks if I get pregnant like I am now. My levels are 29 at 4 weeks and that's top of the charts. Just confused as to why they told you 29 was bad?

https://www.livestrong.com/article/81879-progesterone-levels-first-trimester-pregnancy/#page=2

Read this!!

Idk, hun. My Ob prescribes supplements if it's under 15ng/ml (I think 29nmol would convert to about 9ng/ml as measured in the US). I know thru research that a lot of people don't believe progesterone supplements after pregnancy is confirmed do any good. My OB prescribes them bc he said they can't hurt so why not, you know. My progesterone has been low with all pregnancies and I've been on progesterone for the last 3 and still miscarried 2 of them. Your hcg looks good though so it does seem the pregnancy is progressing nicely. With my 2 miscarriages, my hcg wasn't rising appropriately. (Once hcg gets as high as yours, it takes longer than 48 hours to double) Good luck.

Thanks scout:flower: yes I'm just praying that with the hcg not too bad that it will turn out ok,they won't even test my progesterone level to see if it's risen:nope: I just have to wait till July 15th for my scan.
Xx

Oooooo I see... I didn't realize it had to be converted... I see that now!!! Yeah if it =9 then yeah that would be low.. my dr likes to see it over 20!! I hope it all turns out well for you !!! I just don't understand your drs thinking ... maybe it won't do good in their eyes but could it hurt?! And also I've seen so many pregnancys that seem to go on to healthy babies aftrr being put on progesterprogesterone! !!

Ah yes, sorry...didnt realize a conversion was needed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"