Progesterone levels - please help

Angelbaby_01

mommy
Reaction score
Hallo ladies,

I would like to know if you had your progesterone levels checked and if you are using progesterone supplements.

I noticed when I started it that I felt more depressed and anxious. Then went onto another form of progesterone and now it's making me feel worse. I even got bad nausea spells at night. I stopped using it for 2 days and actually felt better.

My levels were tested, but the obgyn never got the results in time and just prescribed cyclogest as precaution since I had 2 losses in the past. I also struggle to get hold off him to discuss this and so made an another appointment with another obgyn, but only for the 24th of July.

Advice would be sooooo welcome!

If you stop taking them you may cause your progesterone to drop which could trigger off a bleed. Have you had any spotting since stoping? I always debate over taking cyclogest, but always end up doing it in the end. It's only week 4-10/12, so not that long. It will be worth it if you get your rainbow. Hope you are ok xx

I had no spotting and neither had I with my previous miscarriages. The last one was a mmc so I think my progesterone is fine. At 11dpo my hcg was 34.5 and progesterone was 38.9.

I am on 200mg utrogestan, maybe go down to 100mg?

Also, it's really hard to look after a toddler feeling the way I do. I have no-one to help me because family are far away and hubby is away for work until the 24th of July. It's really getting me down :(

Sounds great. If you've managed two days and not bled, then maybe you'll be ok to stop or wean off? I wouldn't risk it myself, until the placenta takes over, but then again I'm over cautious and my side effects aren't too bad from cyclogest Xx

My last 2 kids are progesterone babies, and this pregnancy I am taking it again, started at 11dpo I believe. My body just doesn't make enough on its on for a viable pregnancy. For the past 3 days I have noticed I get a bad headache an hour or so after taking it. So far I have no other symptoms/side effects. I didn't have any side effects at all with my last 2 kids, but it might be because I'm not far along enough or perhaps my body truly needs it. I hope you feel better soon . Please do not stop taking it as it can cause you to bleed and lose your child.

You should talk to your ob before you stop taking it

This is what my dr uses for levels. I am still on progesterone at 20 weeks. Your level is excellent for how early you are. However, I don't recommend stopping it yourself. You do need to ween off it.

Progesterone has nasty side effects (I was on 800mg/day at one point). I didn't have depression type symptoms but the fatigue, nausea and it was irritating my cervix (I think)was enough to want off. But to keep baby happy and growing it can be necessary.

I would wait to talk to your dr about weening off. Just wait it out. It could be prenatal depression too. (Although with going off and getting better it I could be wrong).

Thanks ladies, seems like I have no other choice than to push through and hope the time goes quickly. I want this bean so badly so don't want to do anything that will harm my baby.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->