• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Progesterone levels?!

Sophie2015

Reaction score
At exactly 4 weeks I had my progesterone level checked at my RE's office and it was 46. He didn't treat and didn't recheck it. At 9+5 I had my levels redrawn at my OB's office due to a tiny bit of breakthrough bleeding that stopped after 15-30 minutes. My progesterone level was 20. That same day I had my 4th ultrasound and baby had grown from the previous week and HR was holding steady at 173 (previous week was 170). My usually cautious OB was not concerned, said 20 was fine, and did not want to treat. But I'm worried. I have a hx of nothing but mmc's. Terrified my progesterone will get too low and I'll have a 3rd. Anyone have any experience with fluctuating progesterone levels? I know they can vary day to day. Could my breakthrough bleeding have been my placenta taking over? I'm 10+1 today. No more bleeding/spotting and only the occasional mild cramp.
Thanks for your input!

This is around the time the placenta takes over so maybe that was the blood? I'm only guessing. I was on progesterone with daughter and 10 weeks was when my OB told me to stop taking it bc of the placenta taking over. He didn't bother testing my levels or anything at that point. I do know I have read that it can fluctuate throughout the day. My guess would be that you're fine, but if I was still worried I'd ask for progesterone as it can't hurt.

I talked to my Dr's nurse twice yesterday and Dr doesn't want to start progesterone. I'm sure she's right and everything is ok but it's so hard to trust after 2 mmc's. Thanks for responding!!

I was going to say the same thing as Scout. You're at the week the placenta takes over. I totally understand your worry...you're doing great!

Anyone else have any progesterone levels to share? Still worried about this. Wish my OB would have started progesterone for a few weeks.

Hi, my progesterone levels was around 24 at 4wks and when I had my first OB appt at 7wks, she said that I could go on progesterone just as a precautionary thing to help support the pregnancy. She said my numbers were ok but could be better, so I agreed to it since I had a MMC at 16wks last time. She wants me on it until 13wks, started at 7wks.

Hi Sophie I had my progesterone checked just before 5 weeks and it was 32.2
I think normal is 10-40 some docs choose not to treat until lower than that. Thinking of you :hugs:

https://www.naprotechnology.com/progesterone.htm

This is the chart my dr uses. 20 at 9-10 weeks is pretty good. Zone 3 is typically where no support is needed but 20 is the high end of zone 2 so I think you would be just fine. At 7 weeks I was at 12, 9 weeks 13, 11weeks 17 which was extremely low.@13 weeks it was 25 (but that was only 16hrs after my last dose of progesterone instead of 24 hrs. Ive been on 800mg of progesterone due to my extremely low numbers.
We tried shots at 12 weeks but I had a severe reaction so we have stopped them despite my atill low numbers.

https://www.naprotechnology.com/progesterone.htm

This is the chart my dr uses. 20 at 9-10 weeks is pretty good. Zone 3 is typically where no support is needed but 20 is the high end of zone 2 so I think you would be just fine. At 7 weeks I was at 12, 9 weeks 13, 11weeks 17 which was extremely low.@13 weeks it was 25 (but that was only 16hrs after my last dose of progesterone instead of 24 hrs. Ive been on 800mg of progesterone due to my extremely low numbers.
We tried shots at 12 weeks but I had a severe reaction so we have stopped them despite my atill low numbers.

Thanks so much for this! I had a scan yesterday after losing ALL my symptoms and all was well. Baby seems to be thriving so I'm praying my placenta takes over soon and produces all the progesterone I need. Yolk sac was barely a speck yesterday so placenta has to be close to fully functional. I'm 10+6 today. Good luck to you!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"