Progesterone of 228??

comicmom

Reaction score
Hi All,

I just had my progesterone results at 5 weeks and it was at 228! It seems really high for so early in the pregnancy, so I was wondering if any of you have had similar results. I am taking progesterone pessaries and I dd get prego through ivf. Could that be why it is so high. Hcg seemed pretty normal in comparison at 1779. Any input would be appreciated! Thanks.

That's super high! I have the same thing going on. I did ivf so I'm on the pessaries too. Last time I had my blood tested I asked how my progesterone was out of curiosity. The nurse said it's off the charts, they only measure up to 90 something and mine was more than that. I asked if that's a problem and she said only to worry if it's low. It's reassuring bc I've missed doses a couple times but I'm sure the level is high enough that it will forgive my occasional absent-mindness.

The normal range for 1st trimester is 7-47 or something like that. As PinkPeony said, it's usually only a concern if your progesterone is low. However, you may want to ask your doc if you can stop taking your progesterone supplements.

Thanks for your input, Ladies. I sent an email to my doc yesterday, so hopefully, he will get back to me today with an explanation.

PinkPeony, I had an awful bout of fatigue all day yesterday. Are you feeling this too? I was wondering if it was because of the Progesterone level. Did you also think there is a possibility that we are prego with multiples? I read that there is some correlation with progesterone levels and having multiples.

Thanks for your input, Ladies. I sent an email to my doc yesterday, so hopefully, he will get back to me today with an explanation.

PinkPeony, I had an awful bout of fatigue all day yesterday. Are you feeling this too? I was wondering if it was because of the Progesterone level. Did you also think there is a possibility that we are prego with multiples? I read that there is some correlation with progesterone levels and having multiples.

I have been having a pretty rough time with the fatigue. It's gotten slightly better for me over the past week or so. I would say it was brutal till around 8 weeks. Incidentally I do have twins on board! It's been a bit touch and go bc my doctors don 't think one of them is viable. I was wondering the same thing about whether that's making me extra tired. I only have one more week of taking the progesterone. Looking forward to getting off it and I'm hoping I start to feel more normal. Are you having an early scan?

PinkPeony-

How awesome that you are having twins!! Now my suspicion is even stronger that perhaps this is why I have a high progesterone level? By curiosity, did you also have an abnormally high HCG level?

I do have an early 6 week scan next Monday, so I can't wait to confirm my suspicions! Good luck with your twins. I hope they both grow big and healthy. :)

Grace

Thanks Comicmom! It's pretty exciting but a bit nerveracking waiting to see if they're both going to be ok. My hcg levels were very high. At 14dp5dt (19dpo) it was 2194. They were both high quality blasts so I had a very strong inckling it would be twins.

Good luck with your scan!

So, my RE got back to me yesterday and said that I should keep taking 2 progesterone inserts per day as it is early in the pregnancy so he wants to err on the conservative side. I guess everything is really up in the air until this first US. That seems like the first big milestone for everyone. Just hoping the bean has a heartbeat soon.

That is high! Mine was 11 with my daughter LOL :haha: As the others have said, it's only really a concern if the levels are low.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->