Progesterone or Estrogen dominance?

tw2595

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

Before I turned 20 I had trouble with acne, my cycles were about 22-27 days long and I was very skinny at 105lbs. I had taken hormone-balancing pills to help with acne several times throughout the years at that point and there was only once or twice where certain pills would work in treating the acne. After I hit 20, I decided to take Red Raspberry Leaf capsules to tone my uterus just in case my husband and I ended up conceiving that one month. After that one month of taking Red Raspberry Leaf, my cycle lengthened to 28 days. Over the next year and a half my cycles lengthened to 29-31 days consistently. I had also gained weight and my acne cleared up almost completely, except around ovulation and period time.

Now that we've started TTC this year, I've been having wonky cycles; shorter cycles, shorter periods, spotting before and after period, etc.
I've also suddenly started mid-cycle spotting two out of the 4 months of TTC (something that I've never had in the months/years before. The first time this happened I had multiple days of ovulation pain two days apart, with stronger ovulation pain). I've also had at least one confirmed chemical since TTC as well, with a positive one day and then the very next day AF shows up and is heavier with clots.

All of this lead me to believe I did not have enough progesterone in some cycles. I decided to do something about it this cycle and started on Red Raspberry Leaf capsules and 81mg Baby Aspirin.
This cycle I've had mid-cycle spotting, higher than normal temps even before ovulation (what I would normally have post-o), delayed ovulation by one day, and stronger ovulation (3 days of stronger-than-normal ovulation cramps). I'm currently at 2dpo and am waiting to start taking Progesterone Cream and B6 to lengthen my luteal phase.

My question is: Does it sound like I had either Progesterone or Estrogen dominance before TTC? And after?

I have had the hardest time trying to figure out if I had progesterone dominance before TTC and estrogen dominance during TTC, or the other way around. In order for me to figure out what I can do to help my body, I need to know which one I have. So if anyone has some insight, I'd really appreciate it!

I've also had less of a breakout this cycle around ovulation, where as I tend to get pretty bad breakouts around ovulation since I started TTC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->