• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Progesterone problem, PCOS? Long post!

Emilylove13

Reaction score
Long story, but here goes (thanks for reading if you get through the whole thing!)...

It took 19 months to get pg with my daughter. I didn't ovulate but had periods every month. Tried 2 rounds of clomid and nothing. Eventually stopped trying and was pg the next month. Fast forward to now, I had Mirena removed and I've been diagnosed with PCOS. Tried last month and this month with metformin, vitex and red raspberry leaf. Started temping this month. Thought I ovulated on CD14 or CD15, and I'm now about CD20. I never had a temp shift after I think I ovulated, but I was sure that I had because I had a beautiful, normal lh surge and EWCM. My CM has gone back to creamy which is normal for post-ovulation. Since I had no temp shift, my Dr ordered a progesterone test for Monday to see if I ovulated. My problem is that if I did actually ovulate and happen the get pg, and my progesterone is to low, that it'll be too late to start progesterone supplements. I know that opk's don't always work with PCOS, but my CM matched perfectly too. Has anyone been through a similar situation? I'm so lost and so upset that my body still doesn't know what to do. It's just like last time and I'm terrified it'll take forever to get pg again. The only good thing is that my Dr is willing to start me on treatment as soon as next month if I'm not ovulating because of everything I went through last time around.

Sorry for the novel, thanks again for reading and I hope someone has some advice!

Anyone? I don't want to post in secondary infertility because I'm not sure what's going on yet...

It certainly wouldn't hurt to try progesterone if your doctor approves. I also have PCOS - I have had OPKs positive and EWCM but didn't ovulate because my temp stayed down. I'm pretty sure it's rare for someone's temp not to indicate ovulation. Good luck x

Thanks for answering! Update is that my temp did start going up, but FF has me ovulating on cd17 instead of cd 15 or 16. So I got a level of 4.83 on Monday, Dr says she likes it to be above 6s so I got it tested again today. Online it said anything above 3 is positive for ovulation so I'm hopeful. I tested this am which would be 8dpo by ff, and I swear I saw a line but can't see it now. So waiting for my results and to test again with an hpt in the morning!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"