Progesterone seems a super high 111 at 13DPO???

laughingduck

Mother of one daughter
Reaction score
Does that seem ridiculously high to anyone? I just lost this pregnancy at 5 weeks but had gotten blood hcg and progesterone drawn at 13DPO (almost 4 weeks pregnant) and then a week later. My first hcg was 90 and progesterone 111, my hcg a week later was 22 and progesterone 3.3 (I started bleeding the next day). Anyway, that first progesterone seems really high to me and Im wondering if it somehow caused the miscarriage. I know low progesterone can cause miscarriage but have never heard anything about high progesterone. Has anyone else had there progesterone checked and mind sharing the results?

Yup, my doc always checks my progesterone because of my history, and 111 seems super high for 4 weeks. With dd my progesterone at 5w3d was 21.3, and this pregnancy at 4w6d was 13.6. I think the normal range for 4 weeks is 11-25 or something like that. I'm no expert though.

Ya I googled it and that's even in the higher range for second trimester. I wonder if that is why I have had recurrent miscarriages, it is too high? Anyway, I have a follow-up appointment with her next week and will ask about it then.

Yeah definitely ask the doc. I've never heard of progesterone being "too high", but yours seems off the charts. I have no idea what it means but am very curious now.

There is not really a progesterone count that is "too high". Yours was quite high, and from your numbers it sounds like it may have been multiples. High progesterone is a good sign your ovaries are working like they should. You can miscarry from too low progesterone, but not too high.

After googling the subject for quite a while I found that it can be a sign of multiple, but can also happen after a miscarriage. I had a miscarriage in June so that's probably what happened with me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->