Progesterone supplement questions

missaria

Reaction score
Hi ladies!

After having a third consecutive loss on our way to TTC #1, my OBGYN has started me on progesterone this cycle. She instructed me to take it vaginally on the second half of my cycle. That was the extent of directions she provided. I could use some input from anyone else on it (mine is prometrium, 200mg, btw).

I've searched a bit online and found many women were instructed not to take it until 3DPO. Does anyone here know more about this? I started it on 1DPO before doing my own searching, so now I'm wondering if I messed myself up by starting early.

Also, at what point do you stop taking it? The day AF is due? I'm 12DPO now and had one evap last week but other than that, just BFN. I don't want to pull the plug on the progesterone too early in case there's still hope for this cycle, but I don't want to drag things out either.

Any experiences or advice from those who are or have been on progesterone while TTCing would be welcomed - thanks!

I was instructed to take mine 3 dpo or 3 dpiui. I have seen others start theirs earlier 1DPO or 2dpo. I test 13 or 14 dpo and if negative I stop it.

Thanks very much!

Did you have any issues with the tablet dissolving? I've also noticed (sorry, TMI) that towards the end of my cycle there is a lot of the medication not absorbing and leaking back out.

You start it 2-3 dpo just to ensure you did actually O... Because if you take it before O it could actually prevent O from happening or make it late.

You wait til af shows then stop.. Or test 14dpo and if bfn then stop. Stopping it triggers af to start

I just wear a light liner and sometimes there is leaking. I am not too worried about it causing a problem.

Hi ladies!

After having a third consecutive loss on our way to TTC #1, my OBGYN has started me on progesterone this cycle. She instructed me to take it vaginally on the second half of my cycle. That was the extent of directions she provided. I could use some input from anyone else on it (mine is prometrium, 200mg, btw).

I've searched a bit online and found many women were instructed not to take it until 3DPO. Does anyone here know more about this? I started it on 1DPO before doing my own searching, so now I'm wondering if I messed myself up by starting early.

Also, at what point do you stop taking it? The day AF is due? I'm 12DPO now and had one evap last week but other than that, just BFN. I don't want to pull the plug on the progesterone too early in case there's still hope for this cycle, but I don't want to drag things out either.

Any experiences or advice from those who are or have been on progesterone while TTCing would be welcomed - thanks!

Hi missaria - I am sorry to hear of your previous losses. I also will start taking Progesterone supplements vaginally. I will be starting my first IUI. I was told that progesterone support is usually initiated 48hrs after ovulation induction with HCG (Ovidrel) shot. If you become pregnant you take until the 12th wk. If your not pregnant, you stop using progesterone until your next cycle. I am not sure of your journey of becoming pregnant. But I was told it was the same for all methods (clomid, injections, IUI or IVF). If you are unsure I would encourage you to call and talk to your doctor or a nurse about your concerns. You don't need to cause yourself more stress when this journey we are on is stressful enough at times.

Good Luck to everyone! :dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"