Progesterone suppositories - weight gain

sunshine2014

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I was 113 pounds (5'2) pre pregnancy. My doctor started me on prometrium (progesterone suppositories) the day of my BFP. I took them until almost week 13. I have eaten very healthy and worked out 5 days a week for most of the first trimester, but I have gained 10 pounds to date.

I am worried because that's a huge chunk of what you are healthily supposed to gain during pregnancy for my size.

I know weight gain is a side effect for those pills, but I'm wondering if anyone else had this experience and what the overall outcome was once stopping them.

They can definatly bloat you. I been on them on and off ttc and pregnancy and sometimes it bloats me. I find the more water I drank, the more I flushed it from my body. But that was me . :)

They cause bloating and slow your digestive system WAY down so sometimes (TMI) you may have a bunch of poo (pounds worth) still in there. I have taken them for the first 12 weeks during my last 5 pregnancies. The bloating and slow digestive system should taper off once you stop taking them and long term they do not make you gain weight, just while you are taking them. 30 lbs is a healthy amount of weight for you to gain for your size. I don't think you have anything to worry about hun, keep doing what you're doing, sounds like you are very healthy

Thank you!!! That's a great explanation, and I appreciate the reassurance.

I definitely notice I don't have the full, water feeling in the evenings. Did you notice that your weight slowed once you stopped? I've been off them for about 2 weeks, I notice a big difference but my metabolism is still shot lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->