Progesterone Suppositories

rockstarlove9

Reaction score
Hey Ladies,

I am 10w4d and currently take 100 mg suppositories once daily. I am due to stop them cold turkey at 12 weeks and am nervous that it can cause a miscarriage stopping them abruptly. Is there anyone else who is currently or has previously taken progesterone suppositories and stopped cold turkey at the twelve week mark? Please share your stories good and bad im trying to see if I should ask the doctor to wean me off versus just abruptly stopping. All advice is welcomed

I took them during my first pregnancy. I stopped taking them abruptly at the end of 1st tri. Nothing bad happened. I felt MUCH better, though! The progesterone made me really depressed...

I am taking them too and will stop abruptly at 10 weeks. Personally, I can't wait to be done! The placenta starts making progesterone at 10 weeks, but I've also seen some places say it starts as early 8 weeks. Sounds like your doctor is being extra cautious to have a two week overlap period.

I am taking them too and will stop abruptly at 10 weeks. Personally, I can't wait to be done! The placenta starts making progesterone at 10 weeks, but I've also seen some places say it starts as early 8 weeks. Sounds like your doctor is being extra cautious to have a two week overlap period.

Thanks he told me to stop at ten weeks but I asked to stay on them until twelve weeks just for peace of mind but now that's its getting close to week 12 and scared crapless about losing my baby if I stop abruptly this is the farthest along we've ever gotten and we just want this little one to make it hear happy and healthy

I am using natural progesterone cream which is 40 mg. and my Dr. wants me to gradually wean off of it starting at 12 weeks. Could you wean from the suppository to cream, to nothing so that its not cold turkey? I don't blame you for being hesitant. When I expressed my concern to my doctor, she said I could use the cream throughout my entire pregnancy if I wanted. lol

Hi with my rainbow I was on 400 a day til 16 weeks-I also asked for a couple of extra weeks. With the last few I cut it down to every other day. It made me feel better. X

I'm on 600mg per day until I'm 7 weeks and then gradually from 7-10 weeks drop down to nothing. I went through IVF so thats the reason why I have to stay on them, my blood progesterone is above 100 so my doctor isn't concerned if I want to stop earlier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"