Progesterone takers

allforthegirl

Mom of 5 boys
Reaction score
So I was put on progesterone, but a lower dose. 200mg a day. My Dr wasn't sure how much I should be put on, she wanted me to ask :wacko:

How much have you been put on?

They are the same ones that can be taken orally, the round spheres with the seam around the middle. My doctor told me that more is absorbed if they are used vaginally, that more medication gets to the cervix, and that they are less likely to aggravate my nausea.

From the internet:
"progesterone causes the cervix to harden, close, and secrete thicker, cloudy, (or opaque) mucus which acts as a plug, preventing bacteria and sperm from entering the uterus."

Oh ok. I'm not on it for my cervix but more because I'm nursing my LO which can interfere with the production of progesterone. Which could be the cause for my bleeding.

Probably because of the bleed they want to keep it out of your parts. I need a beefy cervix to keep my twins in.

400mg daily here by pessary due to recurrent mc and luteal phase defect x

Only 100mg/day for me, taken vaginally. This pregnancy has gone very well so far and I'm due to come off it next week (week 12), since the placenta has now taken over. GL with your pregnancy!

I'm taking 200mg twice daily, taken orally (so 400mg total, 12 hours apart). I was put on it to correct a lp defect while ttc, and will stay on it through 12 weeks as a precautionary measure. I had a normal 28-day cycle, but a super late O, usually between cd19-21. Happily the progesterone worked right away, and I got pg on my very first cycle on it.

I'm taking 200mg twice daily, taken orally (so 400mg total, 12 hours apart). I was put on it to correct a lp defect while ttc, and will stay on it through 12 weeks as a precautionary measure. I had a normal 28-day cycle, but a super late O, usually between cd19-21. Happily the progesterone worked right away, and I got pg on my very first cycle on it.

Congrats :flower:

Thanks! It was a little annoying that after 18 months of trying, all I needed was a bottle of pills. My dh was a little too happy that the problem was on my end and not his. :haha: :rofl:

200mg orally, split between am/pm. Doctor prescribed 300mg (the upper recommendation) but I decided to stick with the lower recommendation (200) which has worked great.

200mg orally, split between am/pm. Doctor prescribed 300mg (the upper recommendation) but I decided to stick with the lower recommendation (200) which has worked great.

Is this just because of reoccurring mc?

I am on 200mg twice per day - I love it! It makes me feel more calm and helps me sleep at night. The doctor has put me on it since I have a history of low progesterone and because I recently went through a chemical pregnancy. I go off of it at 12 weeks, and am currently 10w, 5 days. Scared to come off of it, but doc knows best! :) Good luck ladies!!

Chelslee I love it too! It's like someone has given me a big Zanex (or what I've imagined Zanex would do - make things slid off my back, make me feel relaxed, sleepy, & cozy).

I take 1 progesterone intramuscular injection / day by choice. After 6 IVF's we got preggers naturally and they just want to keep me safe with a little supplementation. After 4 rounds of white gooey stuff sliming out of me and wearing pads day & night I'd had enough! I have bumpy tender hips now but I'm ok with that. Another 5 weeks and we're done with it!

400mg daily for low progesterone that likely causes 3 chemicals. I take rectally, couldn't stand the discharge vaginally. Coming off of it this week!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->