• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Progesterone Treatment?

Chiochick

Reaction score
At my appointment today, my dr mentioned that she wants me to do progesterone treatments.
I have had 2 early babies. I've never carried to 37 weeks.
She said that she wants to do a weekly progesterone shot to help me carry baby to term.
Has anyone had any experience with this?

I have not had the shot however with this pregnancy due to multiple early miscarriages I was on 200MG of progesterone vaginally from 3-14 weeks :)
And I am now 28+1 with my baby girl

I was on progesterone vaginally from 20 weeks onwards, as part of a trial with women who had given birth preterm in a previous pregnancy. I got to 40+2 :) My previous LO was 27+4, so it was worth it for me!

I get a progesterone shot starting at 16 weeks. Through 37 weeks to prevent preterm labor. I've never made it past 38.2 weeks with my earliest @ 36 weeks.
The shot hurts but you kinda get used to it. It gives me diarrhea for 2 days after it bit otherwise, the benefits out weigh the risks.

She didn't say when it would start so I was curious about that. She just said they would be weekly.
I do agree that it definitely would be worth it.
I just hate shots, especially hip/butt shots.

She didn't say when it would start so I was curious about that. She just said they would be weekly.
I do agree that it definitely would be worth it.
I just hate shots, especially hip/butt shots.

I think you can opt for a upper arm or butt/hip shot. I went for the butt, LOL, that way I don't have to/can't look. usually it starts at 16 weeks but I've heard as early as 14 weeks. You'll be fine, just don't tense up. It will make it hurt way more later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"