progesterone

TTC#1Amanda

6MC, 1 progesterone baby
Reaction score
has anyone else taken or been prescribed progesterone from "O" day to AF??

Ive not taken it yet but started taking vitex last month which apparently helps on round 6 of clomid this cycle back with dr next cycle so thinking I may ask about it if my levels are still low. Sorry I cant be of use though

I have taken it. Do you have any particular questions that I could try to answer?

I took vitex my whole cycle and used progesterone cream from O to AF. Got my luteal phase from 8 to 14 days and pregnant with a June baby currently:thumbup:

thanks ladys,

my last cycle I started progesterone when I got the Pos on the HPT, previously before that I had 6MC...and this was my first time taking progesterone and now I have a baby girl...was wondering what the difference is in starting after O or starting when get the pos or when AF is due...

and if this is your first time aswell? I really do believe that it allowed me to have my girl now

The difference is if there is a progesterone deficiency that is significant enough to cause a drop off in levels during the luteal phase then a woman may never make it very far past a bfp (this was the case for me) and so taking it after O helps to maintain the pregnancy right from the get go and not have a very early loss which is very common. Taking progesterone right after O helps to sustain a very healthy uterine lining and keeps things primed for implantation.

Some women have a slightly different issue where they can get a bfp but when their body is supposed to pick up progesterone production after an egg implants it doesn't produce enough on it's own. My RE said you can have both issues or just the latter so some women benefit more from taking progesterone from O on to be on the safe side. Good luck!

If I had a positive CD 21 progesterone level check to see if I ovulated and it came back that I did ovulate does that clear me from this? If not I think that could be my problem because my one mc was very early and I believe I have had 2 chem since!

A one time progesterone test is just a snap shot of our level on that day at that particular time. My RE said your progesterone levels can fluctuate widely and are effected by many things. To get a real feel for the levels all cycle long multiple test are supposed to be taken. Here are some articles you may want to check out. It seems there are a lot of variables in determining hormone levels throughout our cycles.

https://www.babymed.com/fertility-tests/progesterone-levels

https://www.avonlakenaturalfertility.com/advancedhormonetesting.html

Thank You! I'm going our RE for the first time next week, I've been seeing an ob all long but she said its time and I agree!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"