progesterone?

falling snow

Reaction score
Hi! A little background. TTC for around 10 months. Almost always have spotting for a few days before AF. Cycles are normally 26-29 days. Used OPK's for the last 3 months. 9 and 11 day LP's to first full flow day (spotting started a day or two before that). This is my first cycle temping. I got a positive OPK Saturday night and Sunday morning (CD 17 and 18). My temp. went up this morning (CD 19). This is my first cycle using Vitamin B complex as well. I am taking 50 mg.

So the question is should I try progesterone cream to lengthen LP? I know B6 does for some, but don't want to miss out on this cycle if it doesn't work. But also would like to know if it works without progesterone. My other concern is self medicating without doctor's advice. I am planning to make an appointment in the next few months if I don't get a bfp, but my doctor schedules out far, so even if I schedule today, I won't likely get in for at least a month.

What do you wall think? I don't want to use something I don't need.

I'm not an expert, but my LP is a "normal" 14 days and my naturalist doctor put me on progesterone drops during my LP to help a bean stick better.

My LP has been 6-8 days for the last 4 cycles. Last cycle I used 50mg of vit b6 a day and got one extra day (longest was 7LP before)
This month I have upped the dose to 100mg plus vitex and progesterone cream twice a day. Ovulating in the next few days probably so will see what happens.

Also taking folic acid and omega oils and vitamin D3. As well as liquid iron.
The amount of stuff I am taking now when I took nothing for either of my boys is quite funny.

Thanks for the responses. Just checking to make sure you know, but you need to wait to take progesterone until after O or it will suppress it.

I have a book about progesterone cream which suggests ideally it's to be taken after your period finishes until the end of the cycle. With me having so much prolactin I think I need too.
Vitamin b6 moved my ovulation date back 4 days so this might make that longer

Now out of interest I've searched the internet and found lots of sites saying it represses ovulation. I think maybe there is a difference between the regular and natural creams? My book says:

'Natural Progesterone is the only known hormone that can be taken without suppressing the body's own production of that hormone.' (Which is the reason there is information about putting off application till after ovulation, as it says doing it before will cause your own production to dwindle meaning you don't have enough progesterone to ovulate)

Provera is a manufactured progestin and obviously is known for it's role in contraception by suppressing ovulation - so I guess it depends on the cream.

I'm thinking about trying progesterone too. I ov every month but my post ov progesterone levels are only around 7. Wondering if this is part of why I can't get pregnant.

I might add that if I don't ovulate by day 30 I'm probably wrong!! And will use it the other way next cycle

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"