Progesterone ..

Dia0624

Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

I wanted some advise as I wasn't able to reach my doctor and can't for the rest of the weekend. I've had two miscarriages this year. The first was a partial molar and the second I don't know as the second ended at 5 weeks. After doing some research I asked my doctor to put me on progesterone anyway just in case it helps even a little bit. For those who have used it, has it helped you concieve and have a baby? Does it have any side effects? Will it change my regular cycle in anyway?

Also today is 3dpo for me, should I start it now? Or wait till I get a Bfp?

Thank you so much!

Sorry can't help i took progesterone shots starting a few days before our ivf transfer up into 10 weeks pregnant. But never took it before the ivf process.

Hi thanks for your reply.
Just spoke to a doc on call and now I'm even more confused on how to proceed. He said that the downside of taking it early is that if it's a bad prwgnancy, the progesterone will delay my period and I'll go on assuming that I'm pregnant. He didn't think taking it early will benefit me but said I can start early if I wanted. Would it make more sense to start as soon as I get a positive test instead?

You usually start progesterone after ovulation. some dr will test your level after ov and if it is less than 15 wil put you on it. some will let you take it anyways bc it wont hurt.

Do you normally have a short LP? My LP was normal but for some reason I have low progesterone for early pregnancy and just went in it right when I got a positive. It will delay a period too because my understanding is a natural drop in progesterone is actually what causes your period. It needs to stay up to keep a viable pregnancy and that's what I needed help with.

I don't have a short LP usually 13 days more or less.
After reading more forums I think generally everyone takes it after ovulation and test on 14 dpo. So I guess I'll take it anyway and see what happens. Does this delay a bfp though?

Don't know for sure but I don't see how it could delay it if you start after O. Just would delay AF. Just good to know so you don't assume you're pregnant with a late AF.

If your LP is very short ( at or under 11 dpo when AF comes) then I would take the progesterone in the 2ww , it does help sustain the uterine lining and extend your LP so the baby can implant. if your LP is not short and its low progesterone during pregnancy then I would start taking it as soon as you see a BFP.

Hi ladies thanks for your replies. I actually started taking them last night. I thought it's better to take precaution just incase they actually do help. Let's see what happens. If I don't get a bfp this month then maybe I'll try it the other way next month. so far no issues, just kind of gross with what is discharged.

I did note though that the one symptom I always get when pregnant is creamy cm starting right after ovulation. I had that yday and for sure thought it was a sign. However it's totally gone since starting the progesterone. Weird!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->