Progesterone?

VickyLou

1 beautiful little lady.
Reaction score
Quick question as I'm just curious....

What should progesterone levels be when pregnant? Do they rise as the pregnancy progresses? I'm sure I read something on here about progesterone being around 70 is a good number, I could of got that wrong though.

One reason why I ask is I looked at the paper work I had of some bloods I had taken on 30th December my progesterone levels were 34. Is that normal? I have been prescribe progesterone pesserys from the GP before these tests just a precaution cause I had them with my last pregnancy again as a precaution but I'm tempted not to take them as they really exhausted me last time. I can't be exhausted this time with a very active 14 month old.

Again I'm not worried I'm just curious.

Hi vcikylou,

Progesterone goes up in pregnancy. 34 could have been perfectly fine, depending on how fr along you would've been at that point.

Here's a good link for more info about levels. https://m.newkidscenter.com/Progesterone-Levels-in-Early-Pregnancy.html

Have you been tested since? If your doctor thinks you need to take them, I would. I know the side effects are rotten but they don't last forever and better to be tired of it means a healthy pregnancy x

Hi vcikylou,

Progesterone goes up in pregnancy. 34 could have been perfectly fine, depending on how fr along you would've been at that point.

Here's a good link for more info about levels. https://m.newkidscenter.com/Progesterone-Levels-in-Early-Pregnancy.html

Have you been tested since? If your doctor thinks you need to take them, I would. I know the side effects are rotten but they don't last forever and better to be tired of it means a healthy pregnancy x

Well we weren't sure of my dates, on the sack it said 6 + 4 but was 100%. Had a scan yesterday which measured 8weeks +1 so I was more likely just 6 weeks when I had the bloods taken.
The doctor just prescribed them as a precaution not for any particular reason. The first time was because I had tried for 8 years and she wanted to give me the best chance possible. This time when I went to get my pregnancy confirmed I said will I need progesterone again, she originally said no then changed her mind and said she would give me anyway cause it won't do me any harm. I dunno. I think I'll start it on Monday as I have a weeks supply that will take me to my next scan :) thanks xx

If you've gy to 8w without needing them you're prob ok hon x

at the start of pregnancy, my ob doesn't rx them unless the number is below 10. (I had a mc with an 11- I'm convinced it's b/c they didn't put me on the pills)

When I was taking progesterone suppl later, my level was a 66- and was told that was excellent...

these were around 4/5 weeks.

also- I took them with DS. I think my levels were off around that time because I'd had the depo shot two years before.

with this surprise bfp, my levels were never checked and we've made it past first tri without meds! I think my body somehow sorted itself out- too well.

I think I may start them tomorrow, I have a months supply and that will take me right up until 12 weeks if I start tomorrow. The only thing that's playing on my mind that if something went wrong now I just know I would convince myself it's my fault for not taking the progesterone. I'm not losing anything by using it so I guess I may aswel. X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->