proposals

spicyorange

Reaction score
So when women want to get married they drop hints and wait for a ring which appears when the man is ready, then you have a wedding and honeymoon.
I think for babies when men decide they are (finally) ready they should give us something that says I'm ready,(rings are fine) then you can have a conceptionmoon (which I hear are becoming the trend for when to conceive).

I have never heard of a conceptionmoon before, I have been insisting to DH that we do a babymoon though. It's frustrating, because I find that generally it is the man that we are waiting on to warm up to the idea of TTC, and they pretty much go from "not ready" to "ready" without much heads up or talking. (Or at least that is the case for me)

Never heard of that before. Sounds interesting though.

I've never heard of a conceptionmoon before either. Although OH wanted to start trying while we were on holiday a couple of years ago. He was ready before me! :haha: We had booked one last blow out holiday as just the 2 of us and had agreed to ttc when we got back. DD was born exactly a year after that holiday :)

I heard that gender reveal parties are pretty popular but I don't think I would have one.I'd rather just have a baby shower.

I don't get baby showers, we don't really have then in the UK and the two Iv been to seemed to consist of mum's telling the mum to be how horrific birth and bringing up baby would be whilst we ate chocolate out of nappies.

That must of been awkward. The last one I went to was my cousins in 2009 and we played different games.It was fun.

I love the idea of a conception proposal and conception moon, but given my OH took me ring shopping and then proposed in his underwear in the kitchen with a fairly unconventional one-line request, and then we ended up taking a group of11 with us on our honeymoon I think it unlikely he'll go for it!

Just thinking about it, though... no reason I couldn't propose to him since he knows it's coming anyway!

Re baby showers, I like the idea but I think I'm going to try for one combined with a blessingway (look it up - beautiful tradition). I'm not much of a flower child but I think I could be for an afternoon!

Yea in the uk baby showers are starting to get more popular but i dunno i wouldn't have one as i think i would feel cheeky asking for gifts i will likely get some gifts from family but i wont be asking them only of they offer

Speaking of baby showers I would probably have a small one.I'm not a fan of big parties so I would only invite close friends and some family members.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"