Protein & high BP.. what will they do?

mrskx0x0

Scarlett's Mummy
Reaction score
Just got back from the midwife and I have trace protein, leukocytes was 2 and BP measured at 150/78 and then at 148/80. BP at all previous visits has been 120/70 or 120/75. I have to go and get rechecked on Monday and if it hasn't gone down by then they are sending me to the hospital but my question is...

what will they do at the hospital?

Hi Hun,

Dont quote me on it but they may monitor you if the results havent changed or may induce you arent these signs of pre-eclampsia?? High BP and protein..

I wouldnt worry if she was worried she would have had you go in today xx

Hi hun, my bp went to 148/124 so hospitalised for 3 days whiile started meds and have to take 3 tabs day now to control it, just have traces of protein so just check water twice week and my lucothingys were just a 1 but said werent worried as they come from vaginal discharge. Im being monitored been 2 and 3 times a week but I have had a stillbirth with pe in previous pregnancy. Try not to worry theyve picked everything up and are keeping eye on in so u shud be fine xx.

Again im told the trace of proteins can be due to discharge and the only true clean samples are straight after a bath then immediate water sample then know not contaminated.

If your pressure is still high, they likely will induce you, right? At least that's what they normally do here in the US as those are signs of pre-eclampsia. You and baby should be just fine since you're nearly 37 weeks.

Hi hon, try not to worry, your bp is not that high and traces of protein is very common. They are just being cautious and will follow it up next week if they are still concerned. At hospital you would so a fresh sample, get put on a monitor to measure a trace of babys heartbeat and any uterine activity and re do your bp. At your stage if absolutely necessary they can bring baby on with pretty much no issues, you would be classed as full term at 37 anyway. Last week i was hospitalized with a bp of 165/112 and crazy headaches, i was in 4 days and am home now right as rain, frantically finishing xmas shopping and on meds until baby comes. xx

hey hun :) sorry to hear you've had a bit of fussyness at appointment. I haven't got too much advice on your situation but i would have thought they'd just monitor you if you went to the hospital? blood tests etc? nothing to worry about i wouldn't have thought.

AND if it was something to worry about our little ones are full term in 3 days :) :hugs:

i had traces of white blood cells in my urine and it's been sent to the lab, not sure why? they never even told me. typical. xxxxx

They will monitor your bp , urine ,babys hb and may do blood tests to check your plateletes. You bp does not sound too bad so please try not to worry , if they think you have the start of pre-eclampsia they will prob induce you , but as others have said baby is practically classed as full term so wont be any probs there . Good luck xx

Don't worry. Your blood pressure is not that high - they worry about the bottom figure more and that's only classed as high if its over 90 or more than 20 over your normal figure. Mine's been consistently between 85 and 100 for about 7 weeks and its only now at 39 weeks that they decided I need to take meds and I had to stay in hospital for 1 night so they could montior it.

When you go to the hospital they'll do your bp and wee like the midwife does and then montior the baby's heart beat and whether you're having any contractions. They might want to take some blood to check your liver and kidney function but its really not scary. I've been going twice a week since 32 weeks and its been fine. Just a bit of a pain.

ARGH this is officially driving me NUTS now and I feel like I am waiting for something to happen. I almost hope they do send me to hospital because otherwise I am going to spend Christmas thinking "if my blood pressure went from normal to high to normal what's to stop it going high again?". My OH came home from work and didn't even bother to ask how the appointment went because he never does so hopefully he feels suitably ashamed at his lack of asking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->