Protein in Pee...

gills8752

Mum of 2 Girl
Reaction score
Anyone had plus 3 protein in their pee? I measured plus 3 at the last appointment but the midwife wasnt worried as I havent had any symptoms. I've now noticed the occasional cystitis type feelings but don't know if thats in my head because of the dipstick reading or if its real lol.
I hate taking drugs and will at all cost's avoid taking any medication for an infection opting rather for a ton of cranberry and water.

Anyone else been the same?

I have trace of protein and my leukocytes are 2 (no other symptoms) and the midwife told me that if I was less than 36 weeks they would have given me anti biotics because of the risk of pre term labour. Is your blood pressure okay? tbh 3 seems quite high for her to just ignore it. Also drinking lemon barley is something I was reccomended. :hugs:

BP has gone from approx. 110/60 and gradually risen to 132/84 at my last appointment.
ooh lemon barley...where do you get that from? Do they mean the robinsons stuff or real stuff?

I take it she meant robinsons, I hope so because it cost me £2 :rofl: She said anything that has that sour, bitter type taste is good. My bp went from 120/70 to 150/80 and so I have to go back on Monday for it to be rechecked. If it hasn't gone down I have to go the the hospital for tests- I am not trying to worry you it's just that we are kind of in the same boat :hugs: I am sure we are both fine.

I've had protein before but it was only a trace, they didn't seem concerned then. But yours is 3 so I'm not sure really. If it's worrying you then you could try calling the midwife and just asking what it could mean? Did they send your sample off to the lab to see if it was an infection? xx

I'll get some barley then when my maternity allowance comes on tuesday. The midwife said they can send it off to get tested properly but wasn't worth the effort if I didnt have any symptoms. She said if i got any sypmtoms just to ring up and they'd give me drugs, but I really dont want to take anything! I loathe taking paracetamol let alone anything else lol

Ah well, as long as I'm feeling alright and bubs is kicking like crazy then I'll stay home. If anything changes I'll give her a ring/pop down to labour ward.

I had trace protein found in urine 2 weeks ago and also blood
i was admitted for monitoring

i was given anti-biotics 4day course and tat sorted out that problem
They put me on the anti-biotics for risk of pre-term labour
treated for nasty kidney infection

I havent even taken a paracemtamol durning this pregnancy
so i dreaded the ani-biotics but took them to help with anything that
may have been tere

and since i have just increased my water intake and also fruit juice too

I had +3 protein at my last mw appointment. Noticed it in mymnotes but she didn't say anything about it. Should I be asking? x

I personally think this should be watched with your increase in bp as well. I had pre eclampsia in pregnancy which ended in stillbirth and my only symptoms were the protein and then back pain. I really dont mean to scare you im sure you will be okay but if you do think anything else is funny please contact someone.

Hi all,

I saw my midwife this morning and had +4! I've never had a trace before now, she called the antenatal unit at my hospital to check what to do, they said unless I have diabetes in my family and the fact I've never had protein before, then not to worry and check on it at my next appointment in 3 weeks. I've had (touching wood as I type this!) a near perfect pregnancy to date. No MS, blood pressure spot on, measuring bang on for my dates etc so unless I have any concerns they're not bothered. I said I had a sweet tooth day yesterday - a few choccies, good helping of desert - so they said it could well be that. Not worried myself, but will make sure they do something if it's not back to normal in 3 weeks.

x x x

Loulou you sound just like me.

I was wondering too whether not having breakie first would make the results different. All I had to eat that morning was tiffin lol so not the healthly breakfast we should have!

Not to scare you but I dont think you have had the correct treatment...

Having a trace/ 1+ of protein in fine as it could be from discharge, thrush etc.

3+ protein is not right...it means something is going on with your kidneys...you should have really been referred to the hospital for further testing, was this the first episode? any headaches/ visual disturbances or epigastric pain? Is baby moving?

When are you meant to be seeing your MW next?

No other sypmtoms at all, baby is a crazy kicker, she never stops. First time its has appeared in my pee. I see her again 5th Jan so only a couple of weeks.

Hi all,

I saw my midwife this morning and had +4! I've never had a trace before now, she called the antenatal unit at my hospital to check what to do, they said unless I have diabetes in my family and the fact I've never had protein before, then not to worry and check on it at my next appointment in 3 weeks. I've had (touching wood as I type this!) a near perfect pregnancy to date. No MS, blood pressure spot on, measuring bang on for my dates etc so unless I have any concerns they're not bothered. I said I had a sweet tooth day yesterday - a few choccies, good helping of desert - so they said it could well be that. Not worried myself, but will make sure they do something if it's not back to normal in 3 weeks.

x x x

Are you sure its not glucose that they found in your urine? history of diabetes in your family has no revelance to hypertension/ PET or protein in your urine.

No other sypmtoms at all, baby is a crazy kicker, she never stops. First time its has appeared in my pee. I see her again 5th Jan so only a couple of weeks.

https://www.apec.org.uk/pdf/Precog_complete.pdf

Read page 12...this tells you what action should have been taken. Of couse 3+ of protein might not have anything to do with PET but that would be my main concern.

.x.x.x.

I'd be asking questions too. I had protein in my urine and my BP went up higher than my usual levels. I was in hospital overnight for monitoring and had to do a 24hr urine sample, bloods taken and 4hr bp checks. They have to keep an eye on you especially if this is your first baby.

I had this today at my mw appointment. They sent my sample off for further tests "as a precaution". My blood pressure was also higher than normal but they said nothing about that. 2 weeks ago it was 110/60, at its highests (before today) it was 117/66 and today it was 120/75.

I came down with a sickness bug on Wednesday and as I read that infections can cause protein and increased blood pressure I thought this could be a contributin factor?

I went to the midwife today as i started getting uti symptoms but my pee tested clear! :shrug: She's sent off a sample anyway just to check and my bp is still at 130/80 where as the first few appointments its been at 110/65. She didnt seem all that concerned though but to ring in again if anything changes.

Yes and keep an eye on your legs, face, fingers etc as if you swell up they'll want to know.

Plus headaches and flashing lights.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->