protein in urine anything to worry about??

mommy43

isabel's mummy
Reaction score
on my last visit to midwife she didnt have any bottles for proper sample so sent me to pee on a stick apparently it showed protein in my urine but didnt seem to worried just said she'd do a proper midstream test next time but i keep thinking about it what does it mean??

Did she also check your blood pressure? Protein in urine can be perfectly normal in pregnancy but can also be a sign of an infection and if combined with high blood pressure and swelling in the latter stages of pregnancy can be an indication of pre eclampsia. If your midwife didn't seem too concerned I wouldn't worry but make sure you have it tested properly next time

i asked this qston a few days back and aslong as ur mw didint seem bothered then i doubt its nething to be worried about thats what ive been told neway. did u ava normal blood pressure?

yea everything else was normal bp was fine

i had this in my last pregnancy nothing to worry about hun they will just recheck it at your next appointment.x

Hi Ladied i have a really low placenta and right at front, does that cause pre-eclampsia my friend had it and went into labour at 28 weeks im worried xxxx

i had this in my first pregnancy. MW asked what I had been drinking and I said apple juice... I had been drinking it constantly all night. she said thats what caused sugar and protein in my urine. I saw her the next day and was told to drink water all night, I did, and the next dip stick test shown all negative.

Sorry xfairyhopesx I wouldn't know anything about a low lying placenta, if it is worrying you, you should speak to your midwife about it x hope everything is ok.

Although you shouldn't worry if there was slight protein in your urine i.e. (+1 protein), you should be more cautious as this could be a sign of preeclampsia if combined with high blood pressure.......

Other signs to look for could include:

Headaches
Swelling of the hands and face (edema)
Weight gain
More than 2 pounds per week
Sudden weight gain over 1 - 2 days
Note: Some swelling of the feet and ankles is considered normal with pregnancy.

Other symptoms that can occur with this disease:

Abdominal pain
Agitation
Decreased urine output
Nausea and vomiting
Vision changes

I would just watch this more closely as this could be a start of preeclampsia, but may not be anything......The only treatment for preeclampsia is rest, and if the symptoms persist, delivery of the baby...... I hope everything works out for you!

i had protein in mine at my very first m/w appt

but next time it was fine

so as long as everything else was normal dont fret about it to much

x