Protein shakes safe when ttc??

jen020185

Reaction score
Hey ladies :)

My oh has just started weight training and bought some protien (in powder form, to mix with milk/water) does anyone know if this will affect his sperm in a negative way or is it safe?? Any input much appreciated :)

Thanks xxx

Hey Hun

U have no need to worry protein shakes will not effect his sperm. Protein shakes are just a convenient way to get added protein in to the diet. If he's bodybuilding he'll need this for muscle repair. I use shakes myself to get the protein my diet needs..

Hope this helps. xx

Hey ladies :)

My oh has just started weight training and bought some protien (in powder form, to mix with milk/water) does anyone know if this will affect his sperm in a negative way or is it safe?? Any input much appreciated :)

Thanks xxx

I read in my husband's preggo book, I think, that excessive weight training will make sperm count drop. I don't know about the protein.

He is fine with weight training and with the protein shakes. Even extra supplements like Glutamine and Creatine will not effect his sperm count.

No worries. Great that he started weight training:thumbup:

He is fine with weight training and with the protein shakes. Even extra supplements like Glutamine and Creatine will not effect his sperm count.

No worries. Great that he started weight training:thumbup:

Thank you huni :) xxx

I am glad i have found this question as my Oh has started drinking this, and i too have been taking this over the past couple of days to try and see if it helps with my Pcos :dance:

xx

My DH drinks at least one shake per day, takes creatine & works out ridiculously hard (weights & cardio). He has done this for years. He had a sperm analysis a few months back and everything was A-okay. I think the fact that he's in such good shape and taking care of himself can probably only help when ttc.

anabolic Protein powder supplements can affect sperm negatively

My OH is a bodybuilder trains with weights and takes supplements duh as protein, glutamine and creatine. I also take protein in my diet and we have both had pills for energy etc. We got pregnant very first time of trying after I was on the pill for about 12 years..

anabolic Protein powder supplements can affect sperm negatively

I think you are confusing anabolic steroids and protein powder. Protein powder is simply a whey isolate, it has no effect.

Anabolic steroids of course, can impair a reproductive system and mess with hormones (this is your typical "illegal injections" that people think of).

amielh: I also used protein powder when TTC and during my pregnancy :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->