Provera and Clomid & Hyperplasia

Neat

Reaction score
Hi everyone :) I'm not new but I haven't posted in AGES!!!

I have PCOS and one child who I fell pregnant with on Clomid, he's almost 4 now and my husband and I have been trying on and off for the past couple of years. Over the past couple of years, I think I've taken probably 6 or 7 rounds of clomid unsuccessfully (no ovulation) and began to get disheartened. So I trotted off to the Dr and they did an u/s to see if there were any problems and the noted that my uterus lining was a bit thick so they took a biopsy and the results came back that I have simple hyperplasia (abnormal cell growth in uterus with 1% chance of cancer). They gyno told me that I will need to have another biopsy done with a d&c even though they are confident I don't have cancer.

Anyway (sorry if this is long reading) but I was told to start prenatals before surgery to prepare my body for pregnancy as they plan on putting me on provera and clomid. The surgery isn't until the 19th of this month - I'm actually quite nervous as I have never been under general anesthetic before.

My question is - does anyone have successful stories with clomid and provera (not metformin). Also has anyone had experience with hyperplasia and d&c before?

Thanks in advance

Neat

Hi, thought I'd post here as I had a similar journey.

I have PCO leading to hyperplasia when not on birth control. I had long false cycles and very heavy bleeding. I was prescribed provera for very thick lining but it made little difference so I had a d&c and biopsy which came back as abnormal (pre cancerous) I was put on the mirena coil for 9 months and my next d&c results came back clear.

We then started clomid, I ovulated on my first cycle but not on my second so used provera. I was days from using provera on round 3 when I ovulated late and then conceived my lg.

I was on the mirena again between babies and then back on clomid for no 2. I conceived on my second clomid cycle.

With the provera I got a bleed a day or two after finishing it. My bleed was heavy but not painful or uncomfortable and a week compared to the 2/3 week bleeds I had before but this was probably due to there being less of a build up. I had very little side effects on either clomid or provera but it does vary from person to person.

Like you I'd never been under GA before but it was ok, the room is full of people but I was out in seconds and then woke up in recovery. I was sore and crampy with a little bleeding for a few days but back to work pretty soon. I think I wrote up my experience of the procedure on b&b at the time (around or after November 13)

Feel free to pm me if you want to chat, I really struggled to find anyone who'd experience of hyperplasia. Especially for me the more severe kind since if you google it you get post menopausal and cancer websites. I'm lucky though that it can be managed.

St the time it seemed so hopeless but I'm now cuddling my second child within 2 years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->