Provera/Clomid buddies? :)

jessthemess

Reaction score
I've been off and on BnB for about a year now. Recently diagnosed with PCOS. It's been since January 5th since my last cycle... My OBGYN gave me Provera to start my cycle and Clomid to help me ovulate. She also asked that I eat healthier and exercise to reach a better weight. So that is what I'm doing! Husband has also had a sperm analysis done and everything came back really good!

I took my first Provera pill yesterday, anyone else starting or already doing that regimen?

We've been trying for just over ten months buuuuut I haven't had a cycle for about seven of those months haha.

Goodness me, Provera makes me feel siiiiiick. Today was the second day for me!

No one else out there on Provera and Clomid? Sad day!

Hi Jess,

I am going to start Clomid next cycle (which for me should hopefully come around July 28th, but who knows! I would take my first dose of Clomid in the beginning of August.) I was just diagnosed with PCOS last month and even though I do have "regular" cycles, they are annovulatory and too long :sad1: so I need something to trick my body into ovulating.

I would love to be buddies with you even though we won't quite match up in our cycles. I'm nervous about starting the Clomid and about the PCOS in general! Are you TTC #1?

<3Jessica

Hi Jess, i'm in a fairly similar situation to you in the respect that me and my partner have been TTC for about 10 months now but my last cycle was 15th Jan 2013. I've been to the docs and they took a hormonal blood test, the results of which were all fine except my progesterone was low. She asked that I wait 3 months to see if I had another cycle (which I havent) and then for me to go back. I've been back today and they have firstly prescribed me Medroxyprogesterone tablets to start my cycle and they are also sending me for a scan to check for PCOS which I had a feeling I had anyway due to having some of the symptoms.

Although I am disappointed that I am having to go down this route as lets face it, who really does want to have problems TTC.. I am pleased that they are sending me for a scan so I can just find out what's going on!

I imagine i'll end up down the same route as you, hopefully if this is the case I wont have long to wait until the next step in the process!

Hi Jess,

I am going to start Clomid next cycle (which for me should hopefully come around July 28th, but who knows! I would take my first dose of Clomid in the beginning of August.) I was just diagnosed with PCOS last month and even though I do have "regular" cycles, they are annovulatory and too long :sad1: so I need something to trick my body into ovulating.

I would love to be buddies with you even though we won't quite match up in our cycles. I'm nervous about starting the Clomid and about the PCOS in general! Are you TTC #1?

<3Jessica

Yay! I may actually be not taking my first dose till the end of this month/beginning of August. Depends on when the Provera makes my cycle start. My OBGYN gave me a ten pill prescription and she said it could take up to ten days after I finish the last pill to start my period. So maybe we will match up!! I kind of hope it goes quicker. I'm in a wedding in Hawaii next summer and I promised the bride, my bff, that I'd stop trying from Oct to Dec so I can make sure to be able to fly then!

I'm nervous about the Clomid and PCOS too! I never figured it would be easy for me to get pg because my cycles have always been wonky. And I'm not being monitored the first couple of rounds of Clomid because I don't present the classic signs of having the cysts of PCOS, like no really bad cramps or anything like that. But I do get worried that maybe it'll give me cysts :wacko: oh well though! I figured starting slow, one cycle at 50 mg should show me right off the bat if I'll have bad side effects. Is your doc monitoring you?

How long have you been TTC?

Yep, this is #1! You?

Hi Jess, i'm in a fairly similar situation to you in the respect that me and my partner have been TTC for about 10 months now but my last cycle was 15th Jan 2013. I've been to the docs and they took a hormonal blood test, the results of which were all fine except my progesterone was low. She asked that I wait 3 months to see if I had another cycle (which I havent) and then for me to go back. I've been back today and they have firstly prescribed me Medroxyprogesterone tablets to start my cycle and they are also sending me for a scan to check for PCOS which I had a feeling I had anyway due to having some of the symptoms.

Although I am disappointed that I am having to go down this route as lets face it, who really does want to have problems TTC.. I am pleased that they are sending me for a scan so I can just find out what's going on!

I imagine i'll end up down the same route as you, hopefully if this is the case I wont have long to wait until the next step in the process!

Crazy! Glad to be not alone! Any other time in my life I never really cared that my periods disappeared for months on end haha but now that I'm TTCing I do care. :winkwink:

Provera is actually a brand name for Medroxyprogesterone so we're taking the same thing! Are you having any side effects? My doc told me to take mine with a snack and right before bed because the first day I didn't and it made me so nauseous!

What PCOS symptoms do you have? I have the missing cycles but I don't have the hair growth or acne. I am overweight but I really think that's because I spent years eating healthy and running and being on a cheer squad and then eating terribly and not exercising.

I agree about not wanting TTC to be hard! I did always think it would be harder for me but I still wished it would be more relaxed and romantic then it has been haha. My doc said the Provera may make me moodier than the average PMS cycle and I warned my husband, lol, I'm lucky he's pretty chill and understanding.

Hope you don't have to wait long either! I kind of pushed my OBGYN. She was like what's your time line? How aggressive do you want to be? And I was like my timeline is now! haha :)

I took my last Provera pill Sunday and now just waiting for AF so I can begin my Clomid. Provera has made me nauseated this time for some odd reason. Fingers crossed for ya

I took my last Provera pill Sunday and now just waiting for AF so I can begin my Clomid. Provera has made me nauseated this time for some odd reason. Fingers crossed for ya

So glad I am not the only one who gets nauseous from Provera!

Do you ovulate regularly? I'm wondering if Provera would help me ovulate like without Clomid? I'm still going to take the Clomid but I've been kind of wondering what other girl's experiences are with Provera.

Hi everyone!

Jess--I don't have the "classic" PCOS symptoms either. No excess hair, acne, baldness, painful periods (I am excited to get a period!) but the scan showed tons of cysts on both ovaries which is how I got my diagnosis. I hope that your AF comes along soon so that we can start clomid together!

Eva--let us know how your scan goes. Fingers crossed for you! No matter what they find, know that you will absolutely get that BFP and have a baby. This process can be frustrating, but you are not alone and it sounds like you are taking all the right steps!

Praying--I hope that your AF comes soon so that you can start the clomid! Do you have PCOS too?

A little info on me--I am 28 (and so is my hubby) and we have been ttc for 4-6 months (he thinks it has been four, but I "pulled the goalie" a bit earlier than he knew! :winkwink:) We've been together for 10 years now, and I am SO READY to have a baby! Of course, as soon as we started trying I realized that something was up, and found out I had PCOS last month.

I think that I actually ovulated on my own this month (on Monday!) which means that I will be driving myself totally crazy the next week waiting to take a test. If it's not one thing, its another!

<3Jess

Yes I have PCOS/chronic anovulation. Without Provera, I don't get AF. I conceived DS with Clomid 100 and Robitussin. This month we've added Preseed in the mix to see if it results in our BFP lol Good luck ladies

Although I've been given the prescription, I can't take the meds yet as she's asked that I wait until after the scan. I called up today to see what the waiting list was like and ended up getting a date (20th August) which although sounds like forever away.. im sure we'll come round soon enough!

I'm definately over weight for my height etc but ive already made the first steps to losing weight. One thing my gp did say was if I do have pcos and end up been referred to a gynocologist is that theyll really encourage me to get some weight off before offering me any treatment such as comid. I'm not particulary spotty on my face but ive noticed since coming off contraceptive that I am getting quite aggresive ones on my back! Ive also noticed more hairs on my tummy and also on my chest too although this are blonde and probably only noticeable to me!

No matter what anyone says, us women can't be relaxed when ttc.. there's not a day that goes by when I don't think about it and unfortunately when me and my partner dtd, at the moment it is all about that (I wish it wasn't).

I really hope we don't have to wait too long before getting our bfp.. It will happen for us 1 day I'm sure! :)

Hi everyone!

Jess--I don't have the "classic" PCOS symptoms either. No excess hair, acne, baldness, painful periods (I am excited to get a period!) but the scan showed tons of cysts on both ovaries which is how I got my diagnosis. I hope that your AF comes along soon so that we can start clomid together!

Eva--let us know how your scan goes. Fingers crossed for you! No matter what they find, know that you will absolutely get that BFP and have a baby. This process can be frustrating, but you are not alone and it sounds like you are taking all the right steps!

Praying--I hope that your AF comes soon so that you can start the clomid! Do you have PCOS too?

A little info on me--I am 28 (and so is my hubby) and we have been ttc for 4-6 months (he thinks it has been four, but I "pulled the goalie" a bit earlier than he knew! :winkwink:) We've been together for 10 years now, and I am SO READY to have a baby! Of course, as soon as we started trying I realized that something was up, and found out I had PCOS last month.

I think that I actually ovulated on my own this month (on Monday!) which means that I will be driving myself totally crazy the next week waiting to take a test. If it's not one thing, its another!

<3Jess

Haha pulled the goalie! Well thats probably good anyway because sometimes it takes some time to get used to no BCP in your system. Yay on ovulating on your own! Fingers crossed for you test next week!!! Keep us posted!

Yes I have PCOS/chronic anovulation. Without Provera, I don't get AF. I conceived DS with Clomid 100 and Robitussin. This month we've added Preseed in the mix to see if it results in our BFP lol Good luck ladies

I decided to take Mucinex after talking to my Dr. but do you think I should try Robitussin instead? Lots of women on here seem to use it. How did you take it? Like amounts and what days?

How exactly do you do your Provera/Clomid cycle? My Dr. said to take Provera for ten days. Then once my period has started take Clomid CD3-CD7. Then a day or two after stopping Clomid, start Mucinex till the day after Clomid. And then two days after Clomid start Provera again.

Jess as long as Guaifenesin is the only active ingredient you are fine. Don't buy others with more than Guaifenesin as the active ingredient because they will DRY YOU UP!! I take Provera for 10 days..once AF starts then I take Clomid on days 5-9 of my cycle. I start taking Mucinex (this cycle we are switching it up to Mucinex tabs and Preseed) on Cycle Day 9 all the way through ovulation.

What do you mean 2 days after Clomid start Provera again?!? You don't start Provera again until either your real AF shows or if you're starting another cycle ttc, which would be the next month. Don't start Provera too soon, because taking it while pregnant can result in miscarriage.

Well okay so I read that on BnB too but when I got nervous about it I called my doctor she said people used to take progesterone to confirm that they were pregnant before there were HPT tests and that they would take it and if their period didn't start that they were pregnant and vice versa. She also said now a days that Dr.'s use Provera to prevent early miscarriage because sometimes when people have low natural progesterone levels that its prescribed as soon as they get their BFP otherwise they will miscarry. She said it can even been too late by the time you get your BFP, and thats why some Dr.'s prescribe it to be taken two to three days after a basal body temp shift/confirmed ovulation. And she said that even if your levels are not low it still won't hurt anything. So I don't know if it is actually true that Provera causes miscarriage.

I will say though that I googled it a lot before I heard back from my Dr. and there are lots of mixed views on it online.

Wow see now I'm confused lol!! My doctor told me to not take Provera until I was absolutely sure I wasn't pregnant. BUT with DS, after I got my BFP he did a BETA hcg to check my levels and he said if they were kind of low, he would prescribe Progesterone supplements (maybe he meant Provera). Who really knows?!? LOL. I just want my BFP and I will go from there lol
:flower:

Wow see now I'm confused lol!! My doctor told me to not take Provera until I was absolutely sure I wasn't pregnant. BUT with DS, after I got my BFP he did a BETA hcg to check my levels and he said if they were kind of low, he would prescribe Progesterone supplements (maybe he meant Provera). Who really knows?!? LOL. I just want my BFP and I will go from there lol
:flower:

Plus maybe we just have different levels or whatnot? I read online that my Dr.'s theory hasn't been proven... Hmmm! I wish there was like one consensus everywhere haha I hate wondering if what I'm doing is bad! I was considering buying Vitex and I googled it and I'm glad I did because I read on another forum about someone who wasted six months on Clomid taking Vitex because her Dr. said it was okay but apparently Vitex and Clomid interact poorly and can cancel each other out haha. I just want to BD a lot and nine months later have a cuddly baby lol

I should have mentioned not to take the Vitex and Clomid at the same time! I just figured that since I had more than a month to wait before taking the Clomid, I would start the Vitex just to see.

As soon as AF arrives, I am going to stop the Vitex...but doing nothing and not ovulating was driving me mental!

Me too! It's been well over 180 days since my last cycle. That's why I pushed my
Dr. for something to start it all back up! How can I be TTC if Im waiting to have a period or over half a year haha

The Provera gave me headaches last night :( also I think it's making me more in the mood for BDing haha

How's everyone else doing this week?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->