Provera... my nemesis

Holly ttc

Reaction score
Has anyone else taken this devil drug to help induce a period? If so, how long did it last and was it abnormally heavy? I know I've taken it once before but it was so long ago I don't really remember the experience. I finally got it after not having a period return for 12.5 weeks post d&c and it's like the flood gates of cramp filled hell have opened. It's only day five of bleeding but that's already a lot for me since I'm usually good after 3. I know I should just be happy that af arrived so I can start my next fet (and I am!) but this is making me crazy!

It was only extremely heavy if I hadn't had af in awhile. It's like that because your lining has thickened but didn't shed. So now you have a lot to shed. Now, if af doesn't happen a week after she is supposed to for me, (provided I am not pregnant or didn't ovulate) then I take it and it's pretty minimal.

My side effect is extreme emotional issues. I'm basically bipolar on it. Even as little as 10mg makes me crazy. I'm not supposed to be on it now unless absolutely medically necessary.

I agree..it is an evil evil drug.

Thanks. I knew I should expect it to be heavier than normal because of the time it's taken, but holy geeeez. The cramping seems to be the worst part today. Hopefully that's signifying the last of it though. I'm so ready to have a baby in me again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->