• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Provera question! TTC #2 PCOS... Clomid again *sigh*

jadza

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Its been awhile since i've been on here. We have been TTC #2 for about 9 months now. I had PCOS before my dd was born and we used Clomid to get pregnant :cloud9:, however I had fairly regular periods, just longer cycles (40 days ish). I had fairly regular periods after stopping breast feeding but after about 6 months of TTC #2 we didnt seem to be getting anywhere. Went to the doctors they did all the tests and scans and said there was nothing wrong with me, no PCOS at all anymore. So another 3 months of trying only this time.. only 1 period in 3 months... great. And not pregnant *sigh*. Go back to the doctors, another lot of tests done... YES you have PCOS again... Great, thanks, tell me something I don't already know. :growlmad: SO finally finally I have been proscribed Clomid again, however I have been also given Medroxyprogesterone (Provera) to start my period and I feel totally new to all this again.:wacko: Any people out there that have taken Provera and Clomid and conceived?? any tips?? OH and I are getting married in 2 and a bit weeks so i've decided not to start Provera till after the wedding. Or should I start now?? I'm worried about not feeling well leading up to the wedding. Thanks for any advice!! :kiss:

I'm sorry no one has responded. I have been out of this section for awhile. I'm not sure what you decided to do but here is my advice anyway

I have taken provera both for another medical reason and to induce. If you haven't already I would start after the wedding. You should take it for 7-10 days (whatever the doc said) and it can take about 3 days (sometimes up to a week) after you stop the pills, to get your period. right on time for the wedding :(

Provera can affect your emotions. I was just currently on it while on a break (for that other medical reason) but after being on it for 2 weeks I have to go off of it because I was a complete psycho. Not everyone is affected like this. I just get the extreme symptoms.

I took provera way back in May of 2015 to induce a period then I was put on letrozole/Femara (similar to clomid). On cycle 3 we concieved (ended in mc but that wasn't anything to do with the pills). Once I was taking the femara each cycle I got af right on schedule for a 35 day cycle. It wasn't until way after my mc that I had to induce again and then again, once back on femara I was on schedule.

I hope this helps. and Congrats on the wedding!!

Thanks so much for the reply! I decided to wait till after.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"