• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Provera Side Effects

levriero

Reaction score
I am a 33-year-old female who has missed several periods, so my doctor's office recently prescribed me 10mg of Provera for 10 days, which I dutifully took despite experiencing unbearable fatigue, nausea moodiness, bloating, cravings, decreased physical fitness [feeling weaker than usual during regular physical activity], jaw pain, and insomnia. It was all the joy of the first trimester. It has been 10 days since I finished the course of Provera, and I am still waiting for AF.

I thought that the side effects of Provera would end once I finished taking the pills, but starting about 3 days after the last pill I began experiencing migraines, which have occurred intermittently for the last week. I have also still had terrible nausea, as well as constipation and a tenderness on my left side. There were a few days where I thought I was experiencing some uterine cramping, but it could have just been my intestines in a knot.

Has anyone else experienced side effects AFTER finishing Provera? What has been most disconcerting is the combination of jaw pain and migraines. Last night I also felt a faint pain in my left arm. There have been several times were I have felt severely lightheaded or that my heart is working harder than usual. I am extremely fit -- I go on 15-mile bike rides regularly and walk my dogs several times a day. I am chalking most of it up to stress over (a) not having my period for months and (b) not getting a period after enduring the joy that is Provera. For the record, I have had at least 10 BFNs, both at home and at my doctor's office.

In the past, when I have been on various hormonal birth controls, I have always had side effects that were severe enough that I had to stop taking the pills (depression, mostly, but also severe moodiness).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"