Provera

Msw454

TTC Our Rainbow!!
Reaction score
Hi all! I'm coming back to this board, ttc #2. Had a hard time getting pregnant with #1 but after about a year of trying he's now almost one year old! I got pregnant without trying in July but lost that pregnancy. I had a dnc, still no af so I just finished a round of provera. It's been almost a week and still isn't working. With my son it worked very quickly. Any experience??!

Wish I could help. Didnt want to r&r tho. I have been TTC #2 for almost 2 years. Dr is wanting to start me on Provera and Clomid also. Today is cd81 I think. Did your Dr prescribe it right away or did he do an u/s and blood work first?

Thanks, hopefully I get my answer soon I guess. The only lab work I had done was an hcg this time, to make sure it was down post my mmc. With my son they did more.

I think that they did some thyroid studies, and a sperm analysis on my husband. If the clomid and provera didn't work within 6 months my dr was planning on doing more, like an HSG to make sure my tubes were open. But I got pregnant on the 4th cycle. Is your dr wanting to do a work up first ?

Well my last Dr did some blood work. This one was wanting to get those results back and the u/s and all first. But I had that last Thursday and haven't heard back. How long does it take to look at u/s pics?? Geez...

I wouldn't think very long! I just hate waiting on drs! Mine is making me wait until Friday before doing anything. Good luck, I hope the provera works for you. It worked great the first time for me

Hi all! I'm coming back to this board, ttc #2. Had a hard time getting pregnant with #1 but after about a year of trying he's now almost one year old! I got pregnant without trying in July but lost that pregnancy. I had a dnc, still no af so I just finished a round of provera. It's been almost a week and still isn't working. With my son it worked very quickly. Any experience??!

Hello Msw454,

Hello so I just started my first round of Provera yesterday and my Dr told me it could take up to 10 days after last pill for AF to start. Also that seems to be the general answer from what I read on here.

So question for you:

1. with your son was it just provera alone that you used?
2.how many rounds of provera did you do total with son?

Blessings & Baby Dust,

Hello Msw454,

Hello so I just started my first round of Provera yesterday and my Dr told me it could take up to 10 days after last pill for AF to start. Also that seems to be the general answer from what I read on here.

So question for you:

1. with your son was it just provera alone that you used?
2.how many rounds of provera did you do total with I
Blessings & Baby Dust,

Sorry it took me so long to reply, I didn't check the board for a couple of days. No, when I conceived my son I also used clomid. I just took the provera once to start af, then I took clomid during af (I don't remember what cycle days). After that one cycle of having to induce af, I ovulated on clomid. I had to take clomid a total of 3 cycles. But never needed provera again after that since I ovulated, af came
On her own.

Anyways, 10 days is officially here today and no af :( I'm so worried!!!

Hello MSW454-- I saw you over in another thread I think and I asked you there but what did Dr. say? Also thanks for feedback I am doing some personal research on Clomid and Metformin so I am informed when I go back to see Dr. Hopefully I also only have to use Provera once!!!

Blessings & Babydust,

Hello MSW454-- I saw you over in another thread I think and I asked you there but what did Dr. say? Also thanks for feedback I am doing some personal research on Clomid and Metformin so I am informed when I go back to see Dr. Hopefully I also only have to use Provera once!!!

Blessings & Babydust,

The dr wasn't much help. All they did was draw my blood to see if I had any left over hcg from my cm that may be stopping af. From what I others have told me though, most people still get af or o if they have a little hcg left. My results will be back Monday, so I guess I'll find out then!

MSW-Ah the waiting game it is enough to drive a person mad!!!!

Blessings & Babydust,

Hello Ladies,

So today AF arrived:happydance::happydance::happydance: Today was day nine after my last provera pill. The flow is light but I am cramping so hopefully it will increase and "clean house"

My question is after you get/got your period on Provera do/did you track cycle and if so how? Any input or advice would be great!

Blessings & Babydust,

Yay! That's great!! I temp to track my cycles. I use the app fertility friend. It's super easy! I also use opks to try and pinpoint ovulation, so we know when to bd. you can get some for cheap on eBay. If you don't want to track, drs recommend bd'ing every other day to catch the egg. Good luck!! Are you taking clomid?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->