psoriasis in pregnancy does it get worse?

lauram87

Reaction score
Hello ladies, just a thought i have psoriasis (skin disorder) and was wondering if being pregnant will make it worse or not? any ideas? :wacko: x

I have execma and it has got a lot worse since becoming pregnant however I understand pregnancy can "kill or cure" skin conditions, so fx yours gets better!

Hey hun, my fiance suffers terribly, head to toe, and so does his Mum and Nan. Unfortunately, my mother in laws got worse during both her pregnancies and I am not sure about his Nan.

I know just how distressing it can be though so I really hope you do not suffer too much :hugs:

xxx

hi there. i have a patch of psoriasis on the back of my head (at my hairline). it's usually about the side of small egg. for the first trimester it was a lot itchier and drier. now that i'm in the second trimester, i don't know what happened but it's almost completely gone. i was very surprised because it's usually worse in the winter. hope it gets better for you too!

I think it can pretty much go either way some people have skin conditions that clear right up or get worse. I think its just your luck

xxxx

Mine seems to have disappeared! FX that you'll be the same

Cat
xxx

hi, i got psorasis:growlmad: when i had my daughter 12 years ago it cleared up, but when i had my boys it didnt:growlmad:

hi hun, i'm a fellow psoriasis sufferer and mine doesn't seem to be any worse. Although, i have been doubling up on the E45 cream :) The patches on my stomach have expanded with my rapidly expanding bump :) my OH just refers to them as flowers, cute eh :)

hey hun, i suffer from this too but it only ever gets bad when im stressed, anxious or worried so mine has got worse in first tri but im not sure if thats down to the pregnancy or my anxiety...my mw says it should settle down in second tri though :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->