Pubic pain. SPD??

Wendyk07

Mummy to Derrin and PAL
Reaction score
Hi Girls,

I have been having pubic pain now for 4 days. Its fine when i sit but as soon as i try to walk it hurts. I thought at first it might just be the bones softening or making way for the baby but after four days the pain is still there an still in the same area.

I know very little about SPD and dont even know if its even a possibility.
Is here anyone that has been diagnosed with SPD that can maybe explain the pain so that i can compare? My next appt with the MW isnt until the 7th September and i dont want to phone just now until i know that there is a definate possibility that it could be SPD and not just me over reacting.

Thanks in advance

:hug:

Wendy

Hi there, i have just been diagnosed with spd with my 2nd baby..it can hurt in your groin..inner thighs..your hips and lower back.. your symptoms sounds right for it..your best calling your midwife and letting them know so they can forward you to a physio before it gets worse xx

Sounds like SPD to me too - sorry!

Its horrendously uncomfortable - but on the brightside it will bugger off once the baby arrives!

x

I was hoping that you didnt say that. I have cronic back pain having slipped a disk 3 times so was really hoping to escape this. Hey ho! It will all be worth it in the end.

Thank you for responding girls.

Wendy

I have had a few niggles too, my little triangle of hair (you know the part right....?) seems really sensitive to the touch, like I've bruised it or something?

Back ache is just a constant daily ache, didn't think of SPD, got the MW next week so I'll ask her.

How are you otherwise Wendy love?

I have had a few niggles too, my little triangle of hair (you know the part right....?) seems really sensitive to the touch, like I've bruised it or something?

Back ache is just a constant daily ache, didn't think of SPD, got the MW next week so I'll ask her.

Am fine hun. Looking forward to finishing today for a fortnight's holiday. It my first holiday of the year as i have been saving up my AL so that i could add it to my maternity leave. Am in dire need of a break. Its my birthday on Monday and hubby has something planned i think. There have been secret phone calls and he's defo up to something. So i am looking forward to that. Hows things with you? Now that you are a married woman i guess you are well and truley into baby mode.

Am fine hun. Looking forward to finishing today for a fortnight's holiday. It my first holiday of the year as i have been saving up my AL so that i could add it to my maternity leave. Am in dire need of a break. Its my birthday on Monday and hubby has something planned i think. There have been secret phone calls and he's defo up to something. So i am looking forward to that. Hows things with you? Now that you are a married woman i guess you are well and truley into baby mode.

Happy birthday for tomorrow! :cake:

It's crazy isn't it - we can go along each week quite happily in work then when we are pg and our maternity leave draws nearer it's like each day is a struggle towards the time off!

I had the secret conversations in the house before my hen night, I knew he was up to something but it was fabulous so hopefully yours will be just as ace!

We went pram shopping yesterday, DH's parents are paying for it but I have had a nightmare choosing one and to be honest I hadn't been in it one hundred percent because of everything else. Thankfully we have chosen one now so we need to get te ball rolling on ordering it and getting his parents to sort out the cash side of things.

We're getting the Babystyle Oyster (the other thread I've posted on, I stole someone else's idea!) which is everything I could have wanted in a pram and more. DH likes it too which is obviously a bonus (would I still have chosen it if he didn't.... hmmm...)

My grandparents are buying out cotbed end of Sept so that we can unpack the nursery and sort ourselves out. It all feels like a bit of a mad rush now, I have to keep telling myself to slow down and take it easy!

Is it possible for SPD to start up early? ive had horrible shooting pains near my groin , back , and thighs and ive no idea what it is , I could hardly stand up yesterday

Hi ladies,

A few weeks ago I trapped a nerve in my bottom and that gave me horrendous pain in my knee. I got referred to the physio, who showed me my left hip is being too flexible, anyway she gave me this tuba grip thing- that hugs round my hips, I can wear it all day and night if I want- she recommend I wear it at least in the day. It is like a giant hug. I also got some pelvic exercises to do, to build up my muscles.

Anyway I think it is so worth getting the mw to get you to see the physio- at least she can help with exercises. I know if it is SPD there is little or nothing you can do, but hopefully this will help someone with less serious case.

Take care x x

Hi,
bitepeach yes, it can start early. I have started having problems and pains at 6 weeks and I couldn't believe it was SPD. I waited until last week to call the physio (my mw gave me the number) and she said I have SPD now called Pelvic Girdle Pain or PGP (it's the new name used). I have a belt like charliejo said and some exercise. She also said that it's best if in labour and during the baby birth I don't lie on the bed but either kneel on all four or stay on my knees.......it's better if you tell your mw as soon as you can and speak to the physio.

Good luck x

Hello ladies

Spoke to my MW yesterday who said Pelvic Gurdle also.

It seems quite common and I'm to keep an eye on it. If it gets more painful after 30 weeks they'll send me for physio and I'll get a gurdle band too.

We shall see!

Im 100% sure ive got it now, going mentioned at next MW appt. It started 2times a week at around 21wks, not almost 26wks, every single day grrr. Getting out of bed is hardest 1 atm. Going up stairs, hurts loads, when am carrying amber think its just going to break. Its horrible.

spoke to a midwife earlier (after starting a thread in 3rd trimester) who said it sounded like i had SPD and will need to see physio.

I think it can develop anytime and it seems faily common, what i read seems to suggest 1 in 5 women, although it can vary greatly in severity.

My husband told someone yesterday that i was wondering if i might have it as i was having pelvis pains, hip pain, lower back pains and can feel my pelvis moving! and she said "oh no no no, she cant have that, I had that when i was pregnant with my second and she is far too early to have that (i am 25 weeks) and she isnt in enough pain"

well excuse me, I spent most of yesterday in tears as the pain is soooo bad, but i have to go to work and get on with things as if this is going to last the next 14 weeks then I cant just give up now!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->