pull ups

xnewxmummyx

Mummy, Daddy and Isobelle
Reaction score
Are these really useful or can you live without Plus do they go any bigger than 5s? A friend says they do but I've yet to see any!! My daughter is 28m but in size 5+ normal nappy!

X

We find them useful. DS is (fingers crossed) done with them during the day, but still wears them to bed. He was in 5+ ordinary nappies but the size 5 easy ups fitted fine. I've seen size 6 at the supermarket.

Tescos, asda and boots all do size 6s, and I think that the Easy Ups that Pampers do come in 6s too.

I found them useful with Earl as he got too big for size6 normal nappies but the pull ups seem to be a bit more stretchy lol. Also, for night-time when potty training they were useful - in the day he was in pants but wasn't dry at night so needed something. The pullup was handy as he was in something different to nappies (I got him Huggies pull ups with the Cars designs lol).

Eddy is currently in pullups in the daytime as an experiment. I did the same thing with Earl when he was about 12-15 months. He simply will not lie down for more than 10 seconds at a time so being able to do nappy changes in a more upright position is handy lol. At night they're not as absorbant, so have normal nappies then, but in the day nappy changes are no longer a 2 man job lol

I've seen Pull-ups in 4T–5T 38–50lbs/17–25kg. I had to look as my LO is currently wearing size 5 diapers (12+ kg / 27+ lbs) and hes only 11months(18.5lbs). He pees a lot the smaller diapers will not contain it.
LO wears pullups when visit relative as he won't sit still, it just easier to pull them on and done.

Can somebody please explain the 'point' of them though please??? I don't see why you can't just use either nappies or knickers.... :shrug:

X

Can somebody please explain the 'point' of them though please??? I don't see why you can't just use either nappies or knickers.... :shrug:

X

That's the thing with them...they are pointless. To me they're just a stretchy nappy and I suppose you could use them like pants, but then why not just use pants. I never used them as anything other than a nappy - in the day Earl went straight into pants and we went from there.

It's a bit like follow on formula and things like that - they're not strictly needed, and they are purely a money-spinner for the companies, but they *can* serve a purpose and be a bit useful at times so I don't mind them being on the shelves.

If you have a child who is not ready for potty training but wants to wear big girl/boy pants you might see the use of them :) Not all children want or need them, my first went straight from nappies (cloth) into knickers but her younger sister is not ready for potty training yet sometimes wants to wear knickers like her sister. That's ok at home because we have wooden floors but if we were out somewhere I would need her in something absorbent. Wanting to be out of nappies can be part of getting ready to potty train (even before they're physically ready) so I'd never want to say a flat out 'no' to big girl pants - we compromise on (cloth) pull ups.

Well she wears proper pants on top of her nappy because she outgrew vests so pull ups probably won't be a novelty lol x

We never used them for DD1 because she took to potty training really well and was accident free in a few days. However we are using them for DD2. We tried potty training and she's still hit or miss (she always tells us when she needs to go but doesn't always make it in time). I am at home 4 days/wk and she's in regular panties when we're home, but I work 3 days/wk and her sitter won't allow her in panties unless she's fully trained. We didn't want to put her back into diapers since we'd already made a fuss out of her being a big girl and taught her how to pull her panties up and down, so she wears pull-ups to her sitters house 3 days/wk. We call them "Dora panties" since hers have Dora on them. It's really frustrating because she knows it's a diaper and I think it's setting back the potty training, but I felt it was a better option than going back into regular diapers. I think if you potty train at the right time, you should just go straight to panties and hopefully never look back, so you won't need pull-ups.

X

I found pull ups useful when he was refusing to lie down to have his nappy changed just before I toilet trained as it is easier to put them on standing up when he was jumping up and down. I didn't use them for potty training though just went straight for pants. He wears a pull up at night as he is not yet dry at night, again mainly as he never stays still and won't lie down so pull ups are easier to get on.

We have found them useful because my son while pee trained is having issues with poop and tends to get skid marks about 5-10 times before he's ready to poop and it's nicer to toss out a poop pull up when heavily soiled than daily wash his entire set of underwear. He still asks to pee on the toilet and because it's a pull up he can still take his pants and 'underwear' off by himself. I also don't fully trust him at night yet, so its nice to have them for night time wear. The side tabs on the pull up make it easier to remove a poop pull up without getting poop everywhere too.

Iv only had to use pull ups recently and when dd has diorrehaas she didn't know she was pooping, if I were to put a nappy on her she wouldn't no to pull her pull ups down and sit on the toilet

At first we just went straight from nappy to knickers, I don't see the point of pull ups whilst potty training x

I never saw the point of them through the day - we just went straight from nappies to pants, but I do put her in one for ballet just in case she forgets to ask for the toilet while she is engrossed in the class. I have told her that it's not really a nappy, she's still to ask if she needs the toilet and I will still take her and pull it down like pants, and that's worked for us. That's the only time I've used them through the day though.

We use them at night just now because we are almost thinking about doing night training - she does sometimes get up and use her potty, so I put her in one so that she can do that herself. She's not quite ready not to have a nappy at all at night but when she is still awake she will sometimes pull it down and use the potty. xx

My lo wears pampers easy ups size 6 at night.

We moved onto easy ups as LO sees nappies as for babies and didn't want them and didn't want to lie down to put the nappy on and I found easy ups easier to put on her while she stands.

X

We never use the pull-ups during the day, only at night.

He will wake up like, 25% of the time at night to pee, and it is easy for him to pull them up and down if he catches himself having to go pee in the middle of the night. Otherwise, 75% of the time he still wets during the night.

I also think the pull-ups are psychological with him. He is very aware about "baby" vs "big-boy" right now since I am pregnant. Babies wear "diapers," big boys wear "underwear and pull-ups." Even when he was potty-training, it would put him back a step if we substituted pull-ups with diapers.

I don't find them more expensive than regular diapers at all, especially since we are only using one a day. They are $40 at Costco and last 90 days if using only one a day!

We use them at night. She has been fully toilet trained for ages during the day but wets heavily when she is asleep. She is so used to wearing knickers that a pull up at night is a compromise. She'd refuse point blank to wear a nappy now as she associates those with before she was toilet trained and says they are for babies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->