pulsating/vibrations under ribcage

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by bananatea, Sep 1, 2009.

1. bananatea

bananatea Well-Known Member

i've been experiencing REALLY annoying pulsations/vibrations under my right side rib cage all day and it's driving me nuts! Anyone else experiencing this? It's nothing like i've felt before movement wise. Baby has been her busiest today than ever since she's started moving, been moving almost all day non stop. But this pulsations/vibrations is really uncomfortable (not painfull)

Anyone know what it is and why it's suddenly started?

2. MommaBunni

MommaBunni Mom & wife

Lo does this for me when I've either had too much sugar/carbs or not enough. (I have gestational diabetes). But, I've also heard that it's like bubs waking up suddenly from sleep or hearing a noise that annoys/startles them. There was a thread awhile ago about this, seems a lot of woman on here have had it and I wouldn't worry about it.

3. bananatea

thanks.its just really wierd. Be usefull to find that thread.Hmmm. it's just non stop atm, its driving me insane!

4. JShaw

JShaw Well-Known Member

Could it be hiccups? My LO's only last about 10 minutes or so, but someone I know said their LO's used to last all day sometimes and is like a pulse every couple of seconds.

5. angelmummy

angelmummy Mum of 2 boys & 1 angel

Hi, small regular pulsations could be hiccups. I had this a week ago and it turned out baby breech and it was hiccups i was feeling. Or like others have said it could just be baby having a good move about and trying to kick out to get comfy (bless).

6. sara k

sara k Well-Known Member

ya but hiccups feels in the bottom usually...sugar intake may cause this...but its good for baby to move...:hugs:

7. bananatea

thing is I haven't eaten anything different, no excess sugar. It's more of a rattly vibration. But all day hiccups? Hmm. but thanks for the suggestions :)

8. Siyren

Siyren Guest

i posted about this hon.
    although theres no definate answer to what exactly bub is doing in there.
    its perfectly normal and nothing to worry bout- i asked my midwife as well just to be sure x

9. Seraphim

Seraphim Amazing Baby Girl

I find it's rare to feel a precise kick now... I have NO idea what it is she's doing in there though ;)

She's defnitely bouncing off the walls and it means my whole belly jerks.

Other than that she wiggles her bum from side to side which is a very strange feeling!

10. Jai_Jai

Jai_Jai Mummy to my Jellies

top right just under rib cage? I aske mw about this and she said its normally the acid etc from your stomach (norm you cant feel it) as your stomach has been pushed up and can get under your ribs from where baby has grown and pushed your organs up, another reason for heartburn and breathlessness - its normal but I agree annoying and odd :dohh: it does go though once baby engages :D