'pump and dump'?

bumpsmum

Mummy to Matthew & Daniel
Reaction score
Hi ladies

Going out for a few hours later for a nice meal and couple of drinks, first since Matthew was born :happydance: im a lightweight at best of time and expecting to feel the effects right away ha ha so prob a 3-4 drink limit. Anyway I have been expressing last few days to leave feeds for DH, Matthew was prem and used to both breast and expressed milk as his wee mouth was small and suck reflex took a while to develop.

I have enough milk to last at least until tomo morn, anyone refresh me on when it will be ok to feed him again? I think I heard it takes 2 hours to expel 1 unit? Also I will prob express when I get home in case I am engorged - does this maik have to be didcarded - heard so many conflicting theories. TIA ♥

i think that's probably your decision whether to discard or not. You might be best deciding at the time, you can see how much you've had to drink and how long it's been since your last drink.

Hope you have a fab night :happydance:

The accepted rate is 1 unit of alcohol gets processed by your body every hour.

Based on that, I'd probably suggest disposing of anything produced in that time. My suggestion would be to pump as much as you can before you go out, and then once your body has dealt with all the booze, pump what's there any dispose of it, then go back to normal feeding.

I'm really relaxed about drinking with feeding. If I've had a few drinks I might give him one bottle and then massage my boobs in the shower to take the pressure off.

Basically, the rule I heard and its what I abide to - the alcohol goes into your milk as quickly as it goes into your blood stream, and it comes out at the same rate. I've heard if your OKAY to drive, your OK to feed.

So, suss it out at the time by how your feeling.

Also.. this might be controvesial to say so - it doesn't kill them... your not getting wasted every weekend? he's not being exposed to alcohol every other day... once wont ruin his liver for life.

You do what feels right for you and your baby. Dont worry too much about what 'they' say.

well I had 4 drinks last night :happydance:

good start after all those months - finished drinking at 10pm and home by half 11, gave Matthew EBM at 12ish, expressed and discarded milk and drank 2litres of water once home and fed him again myself from 3.30am onwards. Was mostly worried abour feeding him after drinking as hes a prem baby and thought it might have more effect on his tiny body but he has been fine. Thanks all for the great advice - tbh all the expressing etc not really worth it for all i had id rather not drink in future im sure over time ill feel more differently about that ha ha x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->